Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera's not recording to library

Discussion stats
Jonsey1958
Guide
Guide
Can anyone give advice, camera's were working fine, then a few days ago stopped recording to the library. They work fine manually, but do not pick up motion of any kind . So I reset base station and everything was ok for a couple of hours, then back to the same problem, not picking up motion. Come on arlo these are supposed to be security cameras to prevent burglary, what is going on.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Jonsey1958,

I had a similar problem recently with three of my 6 Ultras after a firmware release.. The motion detection icon on the devices page would turn amber, but I was not getting any recordings or notifications. I don't know if this will help you or not but how I solved the problem is as follows:

For each camera that was affected I

1) removed the camera from my account.

2) power cycled the hub

3) added the camera back to my account.

Been 3 weeks or so and the problem has not returned.

Brian

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Kiwi_Arlo
Star
Star

Sounds similar to the issue that I and lots of others appear to be having - more in other threads, but if it's the same problem then the bottom line is that there isn't a fix yet.  Suggest you call Arlo and log the problem.

Jonsey1958
Guide
Guide
Hi, Yeah seems to be a problem for Arlo. Hopefully they will fix the problem otherwise I wonder how many law suits they will face if properties get broken into and the cameras don't record. I for one would take them to the cleaners
brh
Master
Master

@Jonsey1958,

I had a similar problem recently with three of my 6 Ultras after a firmware release.. The motion detection icon on the devices page would turn amber, but I was not getting any recordings or notifications. I don't know if this will help you or not but how I solved the problem is as follows:

For each camera that was affected I

1) removed the camera from my account.

2) power cycled the hub

3) added the camera back to my account.

Been 3 weeks or so and the problem has not returned.

Brian

Jonsey1958
Guide
Guide
Thanks, I will give that a go. Otherwise if all else fails back they are going.
Cheers.
Jonsey1958
Guide
Guide
Hi, did as you suggested. Removed cameras ect, then re added. So far so good all working perfectly. Cheers.
bukomodem5
Aspirant
Aspirant

AVM4000C-100NAS Arlo pro 3 Camera Kit

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@bukomodem5 wrote:

AVM4000C-100NAS Arlo pro 3 Camera Kit

You have a question? Does it have anything to do with the original post?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Renest
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. Help... Arlo
dekat12
Star
Star

This problem is far from being resolved. It's October 15 and I have alerts but nothing in the library since 2:15 am. These cameras are beyond useless and a total waste of money.

Can't wait for my Ring Camera's to arrive so I can dump these worthless Arlo cameras

Tmq
Guide
Guide
I Am having the same issue since today morning, my cameras are recording but not showing in library. How to fix this? I am experiencing too many issues with Arlo cameras....
richbrew
Aspirant
Aspirant

same on two different house two different base stations, not recording to cloud!

MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi
Many have the same problem. Talked to support but no fix. I solved it when I removed all my cameras from the Smart Plan. After 10 min my smart notifications was gone and only dummies like sound or motion was received but then my recordings start to work again. When swift back to smart plan the recordings stopped working. So Arlo have a big problem with smart plan.
Tmq
Guide
Guide
Thanks for your reply, I will try to call support and submit the ticket. This is ridiculous having so many issues with those cameras recently.
Markh2249
Aspirant
Aspirant
When you uninstall the camera will you lose pictures in the library from that camera? Then reinstall the camera.
dekat12
Star
Star

If they are having a huge issue with the Smart Plan, then they need to refund all uses that have it.

I'm completely done with this company and the constant issues with their cameras. My new cameras can't get here fast enough

Tmq
Guide
Guide
I Just noticed when I remove all activity zones it records videos and all are visible in library.... this is very weird.. what is the point of paying for smart subscription? It is useless.
shumph
Guide
Guide
Started have this same problem last night (10/14/19 @ 2301).
Can I add the cameras back to my account without taking them down?
Pisani
Aspirant
Aspirant
John
shumph
Guide
Guide
Thank you. I’ve had these cameras with no issues for many years. Then a few weeks ago, the original camera went offline for a week. It suddenly came back online a few days ago. Now I am having this issue, notification but not recording. Grrrrr!
Janetkrauchenko
Initiate
Initiate
My camera stop sending video to the library and October 15.. everything is hooked up proper can’t understand the problem ..Any suggestions
Tmq
Guide
Guide
I called Arlo support yesterday and I was advised that a lot of People reported the same issue and they are working on it. This has been escalated to high priority level and I was assured this suppose to be resolved within 2-3 days .
dekat12
Star
Star

2-3 days is BS. They need to refund us for the premier plans that we are paying for.

Today the base station is offline and can't be turned back on unless you are there with it. What good are these cameras if they only work sometime. I feel my home is more unsecure now more than ever

Again, can't wait for my new Ring cameras.

dekat12
Star
Star

Buy a new system. This one is nothing but problems
mjd1969
Initiate
Initiate

This morning about 6:30am, my neighbor's car was stolen out of her driveway.  My Arlo camera focused on my driveway has a perfect view of the neighbor's. She asked me for the camera video for the police to use. I went to my recordings and, surprise, that camera hadn't recorded anything for the past 5 days. The camera was charged, worked in live mode, and registered movement, but never recorded. It missed a crystal clear shot of the thief breaking into her car.  Thanks Arlo! 

My neighbor is buying herself a new security system. She is staying far away from Arlo thanks to this experience.