Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

I'm seeing a new issue today with my back camera.  It is randomly recording 5 min of video..

You can see from the video I have uploaded to Youtube..

https://youtu.be/ff53zbWC6XQ

19 REPLIES 19
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same thing with one of mine as well.  I know it captured motion cause it sent a notification but the actual clip won't shop up for a while in the library since the camera just keeps recording for up to 5 minutes.  I reset the system but the problem continues. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the recording length setting in your modes and rules?

Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary
Yes record till activity stops 300sec. But from the video you will see that my fiancee went in the house and that is when the motion stopped and the video kept recording. So that is where I'm confused.
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine is also set to record until motion stops but the motion clearly stops after the person goes in my house and yet the camera keeps recording.  It is not set to record motion only and not be triggered by audio. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RafS wrote:

Mine is also set to record until motion stops but the motion clearly stops after the person goes in my house and yet the camera keeps recording.  It is not set to record motion only and not be triggered by audio. 

I'm seeing this on a couple of cameras (Pro2 being one).  In my case I'm not seeing any motion in the video at all.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Tech-D, RafS, and StephenB,

Could you answer the following questions:

1. Do you have activity zones enabled? If so, could you provide screenshots?
  2. What is the Motion Sensitivity set to?
  3. Do you have audio triggered set?
  4. Is the camera running on AC or battery power?
  5. What camera(s) is experiencing this?

An additional question to RafS and StephenB:

• Could you provide a sample video that shows the recording for 5 minutes?
Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

Jessica:

I do have activity zones enabled, attached you will find a screenshot of the area.  I have tried a number of different settings for the motion sensitivity from 1% to 100% (all the same outcome), currently I'm at 100%.  I do not have audio trigger, only video.  The camera is running on Battery/Solar (I have the Arlo Solar Charger).  I have an Arlo Ultra 2 camera setup, only 1 of the cameras is giving me issues.

The sample video can be found in the original post, but I will repost it here:  https://youtu.be/ff53zbWC6XQ

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the details and the screenshot. From looking at the screenshot, it doesn't look like it matches with the video you posted.

Does the camera from the sample video have activity zones enabled? If so, please send a screenshot for that.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JessicaP wrote:

Not on these particular cameras.

@JessicaP wrote:

2. What is the Motion Sensitivity set to?

@JessicaP wrote:

No.

@JessicaP wrote:

battery.

@JessicaP wrote:

A Pro-2.  Note it's been a little while since I've seen the full 5 minutes.

@JessicaP wrote:

• Could you provide a sample video that shows the recording for 5 minutes?

I can (it'll be in a PM).

Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

Jessica:

You are correct, sorry I attached the wrong screenshot.  Here is the correct one.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks again for the details and screenshot, StephenB and Tech-D. I've sent the information over to the development team. When we hear any new information, we'll be sure to provide an update. 

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

I know this post is from a while ago, but the past few days one of my cameras is constantly experiencing this issue. I keep resetting and rebooting and it solves it for a little bit and comes back. I can’t figure out what’s wrong!

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Has anyone figured out the issue or a solution?

Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

@Kaynadian   Usually I have issues with my cameras, but since I ran power out to my front camera I haven't experienced the issues I used to see when it was wireless with just a solar panel.  I hope they can help you resolve your issue, I know it can get frustrating when it works for a while then all the sudden out of the blue just stop working as it should.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you for your reply! I have been running the camera from power since the beginning, but hopefully can figure this out as it's quite draining with all the issues!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Kaynadian,

Could you answer the following questions:

2. What is the Motion Sensitivity set to?

Also please provide a sample video that's showing the recording for 5 minutes.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @JessicaP 

Thank you for the quick follow up.

Yes, I do. Attached.

1. What is the Motion Sensitivity set to?

For one of my cameras, 80% sensitivity, the others are at 100%.

1. Do you have audio triggered set?

No. Only motion.

1. Is the camera running on AC or battery power?

Directly connected to a power outlet.

1. What camera(s) is experiencing this?

All of my Pro 3s. Except one of them is experiencing it constantly, with 2-5 minute recordings, and eventually it stops recording entirely.

I attached a pic and circled the times. The motion activity is less than a minute, but it constantly records long videos!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for answering those questions. Could you also please provide a video recording for the recordings that is 5 minutes long?

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@JessicaP 

Hi Jessica, thanks for the reply. I private messaged you the video (note the video sharing is only open for 24 hours).

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation