Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local Storage Option Disappeared

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
FrankRN
Guide
Guide
I suddenly no longer have a drop down menu to select local storage to view videos. It had been working fine for at least 6 months. Nothing has changed. I power cycled base station. Ejected & reinserted memory card. Verified memory card is good. It works in computer and I can see files. I tried a new memory card. I logged on/off. Reinstalled app. When I look in the app, it sees the momory card. Option to use memory card is active. I toggled that off/on. Nothing.

The option to select between cloud and local has dissappeared. It's not that I can't select local... The drop down clickable menu is gone. Only cloud available.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

@FrankRN 

This may not help but I've had the same thing happen. After some period of time it magically reappeared with no special effort on my part. It sounds like you've taken all of the logical steps you can. Good luck with getting it back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

@FrankRN 

This may not help but I've had the same thing happen. After some period of time it magically reappeared with no special effort on my part. It sounds like you've taken all of the logical steps you can. Good luck with getting it back.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi FrankRN,

Contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue you're having. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

FrankRN
Guide
Guide
You were correct. After a few days the option to view recordings locally just magically reappeared. With all of the problems I've had with this system, the money it cost, and the monthly fees... I wish I never purchased it.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation