Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GailR
Tutor
Tutor
My camera keeps giving notification for Animal but it’s actually the headlights of vehicles passing my driveway at night. Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

It will probably be suggested that you try using a zone that will not send a notification for that area.  Welcome to smart, people at my back door have been called vehicles,  hummingbirds have been called vehicles, bees are called people, people have been called animals, cars at night are just motion so no notification.

GailR
Tutor
Tutor
I can only see one choice for setting Zones and that is for where I want notifications. I have that set away from my driveway gate but the camera still picks up the vehicles going by
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GailR wrote:
I can only see one choice for setting Zones and that is for where I want notifications. I have that set away from my driveway gate but the camera still picks up the vehicles going by

On the incorrect classification:  You could try donating one or two of those videos.

Headlights can be tough, as I find that there's often enough glare to light up the activity zone.  You could turn off animal notifications (And "all other motion"), though of course that might result in losing other notifications you want.  However, you'd still be able to access the recording in the morning.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation