Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Counter Issue - The Saga

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Charles02
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've noted that many of you had or are still having this same issue - namely that a motion event causes your smart device motion counter to be extremely high and a meaningless number.  I continue to have that same issue on my smart devices...have talked to Arlo tech's several times for the past six months now, and still have no solution and no information as to when this will be resolved.

Background: I've been an Arlo customer for several years and upgraded to Arlo Ultra last year (inc. the new Base Station). I truly like the Arlo Ultra technology, but the purchase introduced this new motion counter problem (I did not have this before the upgrade), which seems to be an issue that Arlo simply can not solve. I was hoping someone might have a solution that I have not seen yet.

My system is a hybrid of 5 Arlo cameras and 5 Arlo Ultra cameras. I have turned Smart Notifications off (as suggested to me by Arlo Support recently). When there is a new motion event on an old Arlo camera, the counter works perfectly. When there is a new motion event on any of my Arlo Ultra Cameras, the counter immediately jumps to 92 and above, even though there are only 3-4 actual events.

Thanks for any help!

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Charles02,

The development team is aware of this issue and working on a fix. I will provide an update on this issue as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released this morning addressing an issue that some users were experiencing that resulted in motion event counts being inaccurate on the iOS badge. Please force close and reopen your Arlo mobile app to test this feature now that the fix has been released and let us know if you're still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

Charles02
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank so much for looking in to this. I made sure to force close the app. I initiated a motion test on one of my Arlo Ultra cameras. The counter went from no events ...to 93. Let me know if there is anything else I should try.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Charles02,

It may have take a little more time for the reset to take place than. Please let us know if you're still experiencing this today.

JamesC

Charles02
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, James.

My schedule has prevented me from responding until now...but since the changes to the app on 1-31-20, I am not getting a counter number at all. Even though I continue to get "badge notifications" after a motion event, for those events the counter now shows nothing at all.

Sorry for the continued problems. If I had to choose one, I'd take the no counter at all vs. the extremely high counter number. Either way, the problem (though different now) still exists.

Thanks for your desire to address this.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation