Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
RichO_NZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having issues with my Camera linked to my CVR subscription not recording. I have removed it from the subscription and now looking to add it back again. However, the latest app version 2.12 no longer allows you to manage cameras on subscription and requires you to use the website. Funnily enough there is no ability to manage cameras on CVR subscription, so how am I now meant to add CVR to this camera again. The manage cameras function on my main smart subscription doesn't show the CVR option either.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RichO_NZ,

You will need to navigate to Settings > Subscriptions > CVR Plan > Change Plan

From here select the desired camera for CVR and complete the subscription flow.

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RichO_NZ,

You will need to navigate to Settings > Subscriptions > CVR Plan > Change Plan

From here select the desired camera for CVR and complete the subscription flow.

JamesC

Jw_n_mo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I want to switch my CVR from my front door camera to my back door camera but the latest update has taken away that ability. I use to be able to go to "manage camera status" to remove one camera from CVR and add another camera to CVR. With the latest update there is only remove or add an active camera but nothing for switching which camera is "Continuous Video Recording".
RichO_NZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC, not a very helpful response as I already had a subscription. Your answer was helpful as saying “try turning off and on again” The problem is with the latest update and the change to the way Arlo now manage CVR. In that you can no longer switch the subscription to another camera.
RichO_NZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Jw_n_mo,

I finally managed to get a hold of someone in Arlo who could actually be of use (appears to be a difficult thing). They changed the way the CVR worked and to change cameras they are now saying you have to cancel a subscription on the camera you want to remove it from and they will pro-rata a refund. Then you subscribe to CVR with the new camera. A **bleep** system removing the ability to easily change which camera has CVR. Hopefully they come to their senses and change it back.
Crosive
Apprentice
Apprentice
At least you have the cvr service. I've been trying for the last month to subscribe to it and can't. The button literally doesn't work. I've had a ticket in the whole time (since day one) and they haven't rectified the situation yet.
Jw_n_mo
Aspirant
Aspirant
CVR quits recording after a few days. In the past the way to rectify this was to move that camera from the plan and then put it back. CVR would start working again. I don't want to cancel my subscription and have to pay a new subscription every few days to get my Continuous Video Recording to work again.
shawn519
Guide
Guide
Arlo made huge changes to their CVR plans and recoding, and conveniently forgot to tell users! I’ve been paying for CVR for months, and I just found out that my cameras HAVE NOT been using continuous recording, thanks to the system changes.

And this doesn’t include the recent update from hell. The firmware update on December 18 actually made my system work great - first time ever. With the December 31 update, 2 of my 4 cameras fail to connect and my base station requires numerous restarts. 🤦🏻‍♂️
RichO_NZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Crosive, I'm in the same boat as you. After the issues I had they told me I had to cancel my subscription to CVR and then resubscribe. However se as you the buttons are not there so I can subscribe. Still no update from them either after like 3 weeks.
Xmas2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem, but with an added wrinkle.  I paid for a year long subscription, so if I switch I get charged the higher monthly price...just horrible planning and execution.

Xmas2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just an update.  I have been trying to follow up with Customer Support, but as you might have guessed, have gotten nowhere.

The latest update from Customer Support:

Good day!

I am doing a follow-up in relation to your open ticket which was about wanted to transfer the CVR plan to another camera. It has been several days from my last correspondence and it seems that I have not received any updates from you. For now, I will be closing this ticket.

Of course, I have replied three times, the third time just now, and have received the automated response confirming my updates.  Plus I started keeping a record of this and have screen captures, since this isn't my first time dealing with Arlo support.

It is just sad.  I love the product itself, have multiple units, and I want to keep supporting them even more by using their CVR services, but geez, this isn't how to do it.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Oh my god!!!! How backwards can they go?!?! Cvr goes from bad to worst. Even worse how do I pick which of my cameras to activate as part of the 5 camera only plan????
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation