Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Seattlegrunge
Guide
Guide

At last I got my Ultra system with 3 cameras up and running. Bought Ultra because you get 1 year free Smart plan included, better than the 3 months the Pro 3 get.

And now when everything is configured I see that my videos recorded to the cloud is 1080p (or perhaps 2K)!!! I bought Ultra cameras and get 1 year subscription for free. This subscription should be the Smart plan aimed for the Ultra cameras, in other words 4K recording (Elite)! Instead it just includes the Premier plan. Why? Greed?

Although the arrangemant from Arlo got me angry I decided to upgrade to the Elite plan. Then I noticed that I have to pay FULL PRICE. The new price should be Elite plan price minus the Premier plan price, or else my 1 year subscription included is worthless. In my world I should only pay the difference for the first year. Once again: greed.

Okey, I decided to upgrade anyway... but the only thing I get is an error in the app when I have filled in my credit card details, address, name etc. In the app it says somethin like "error" and a long url (not possible to see the complete url in the app) and something like "400 OK" in the end of the error message.

Then I logged in to my.arlo.com on the computer. There I also get an error on the "Confirm the payment" page. In the background of that page I can see that my credit card details that I filled in on the phone's Arlo app. But nothing happens, except for an error message. 

I am so frustrated. Since I bought my Arlo Ultra system last weekend there has been nothing but trouble, as you can see in this post and in https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Brand-new-SmartHub-update-failed-and-offline-over-and-over-...

I have had Arlo for several years, loving it, and I have got 5-6 friends and neighbours to buy Arlo cameras. But now I begin to hesitate, from no problems to problems all the time.

4 REPLIES 4
Seattlegrunge
Guide
Guide
A lot of other Arlo users haven't been able to buy a Smart plan for more than a month. They also get an error in the billing prices:
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Smart/Arlo-Smart-Subscription-Page-Giving-An-Error/m-p/1750451

Some say ending the trial makes it possible to buy the plan, some say it doesn't work.
I am not interested in ending my trial (1 year left) just to notice that I still cannot buy the Elite plan.

1400 dollars for my Ultra system, it must be a joke that I am only able to record in 1080p when I bought 4K cameras!

@JamesC and @JessicaP
Seattlegrunge
Guide
Guide
No replies? Aren't Arlo interested in selling Smart plans? It doesn't work to upgrade my plan! And I am not the only one having this issue, according to the forum.

When confirming the upgrade I still get "An unexpected error...".
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Seattlegrunge,

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of this issue. I encourage you to contact support and open a case describing the error message you are experiencing. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Seattlegrunge
Guide
Guide
Will do so, thanks.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation