Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra none of 4 cameras Recording from January 2020

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nixon-880
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
All 4 cameras were working fine and suddenly stopped recording from the start of January 2020 and now after resetting everything it records when it like. Just before posting this issue I have checked and it’s not recording. Today in all day only recorded 12 clips from 4 cameras out of which 2 cameras are facing a busy road.
If someone from Arlo or the community knows how to fix please let me know.
Personally I am very disappointed with this system I had it for almost 7-8 months and every month there is an issue with app or cameras.
Before buying I checked the advertisement and reviews and a premium price I thought it’s a quality system one can install and forget.

Please help

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nixon-880,

How far away from the camera is the motion you're trying to detect? Keep in mind the cameras maximum range for reliable motion detection is ~25 feet. Take a look here for more information on positioning for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

Nixon-880
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
Thanks James for your attention.
Yes all are within the range 1 camera is about 6-7 feet high and 2 cameras are 8-10 feet heigh and one is about 15 feet heigh.
They were working fine by end of December 2019.
Issue only started in start of January 2020.

Kind regards
Mickiwul
Star
Star
I have exsact the same problem, i have 2xpro3 camera with pro3base, and 1 ultra camera that i just bougt. And the ultra camera did not record or send notification. But i can see in the app that it is detect me when i stand 0,5 meter from it, but it are not recording anything. Then 2 days after it suddently started recording. But now it is on and off when it wants to record. And sometimes i can bot connect to se live view, only from this new ultra camera.

And i had my pro3 in that posiotion on my house before i replaced it with an ultra camera.
But the ultra o my pro3 base is causeing much trouble, and i am thinking returing it for an pro3 camera 😞
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nixon-880, Mickiwul

If you're still experiencing an issue after reviewing the positioning tips in the article linked above, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation