Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries Dying Quicker Out of Nowhere. Used to last for a few weeks to a month but only 3 days.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
diehlwithit20
Follower
Follower

I have owned Arlo Ultra cameras for a year now. When I first put them in it was November of 2019. I have 4 cameras that are all set on the lowest settings for quality image and highest setting for battery life. Each camera has a slightly different battery life based on activity. My front door camera used to last 2-3 weeks and the other 3 around the sides and back would last about a month.

Recently that is no longer the case. Now all cameras die within about 3 days, which is super frustrating.

Why could this be occuring? I have not changed my wifi units or locations. I haven't added any wifi capable items to my home. I have no idea what could be going on. If this is a battery malfunction what is a solution? Thank you all for the help!

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey diehlwithit20,

Have you changed your mode (such as any motion/audio detection change)? Try to disarm the cameras and change the mode again. If you're using custom modes, try to delete the mode and re-create it to see if that helps.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation