Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bad support I have had in a long time

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dieseln269
Follower
Follower

Worst customer service I have had in a long time. Buy something other than Arlo.

6 REPLIES 6
dcfox1
Master
Master

Perhaps if you give some details of your problem someone here may be able to help as this is a user to user forum. 

Unsatisfied1
Guide
Guide

I agree. Chat told me to do my own research as all Arlo products are very user friendly she says and then sends me an email with a support ticket. I'll be off to Best Buy in the morning to replace this old Arlo pro 2. It will be a faster resolution than getting that support from Arlo. 

Scott-la
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been using Arlo products for years and it hasn't gotten better. Luckily, I have only had to use Arlo support a couple of times over the years, but each time I have to go back and forth multiple times providing the same information over again to different people. The support site lets you open new tickets and update existing tickets, but not actually see the contents of the ticket. Whenever you have to troubleshoot anything, it's basically something like, "have you tried the battery in the affected camera in a working camera? What happened, etc.", and I have to get a ladder, go get one of my working cameras, take it apart and run through a bunch of steps to see how it behaves. I'm an IT person. I can't even image what my 80 year old parents would do if one of their cameras stopped working. I'm hopeful I never have another problem with a Arlo product again. Next time I'll probably just throw the camera in the trash as it takes more time and effort on my end to get support that the camera is worth.

Scott-la
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, providing details to the community doesn't help when it's a hardware problem. I also have an Orbi router, and Netgear support is about the same as Arlo. I found searching on REDDIT is better than contacting any form of Netgear/Arlo support, but when hardware fails, there's no other option.

Scott-la
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interestingly, after several back and forth exchanges, I received not one, but two RMAs for the same incident. Sort of what I would expect LOL. I paid the extra to have the advanced replacement. It made me list a company in order to submit the  form (there is no company, just me). Now we'll see what happens. My money is on something going wrong.

Scott-la
Aspirant
Aspirant

After spending an hour on chat and paying extra for an advanced replacement camera, I was sent a battery even though I'd already tried a battery from a working camera in the affected camera and it was still disconnecting. All my other cameras work fine. I opened another chat and was told it was a battery problem and they'd send me another email. Lame service seems to be the norm. I've spent more of my time trying t get a warranty replacement than the camera is worth.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation