Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra started to detect false motion detection. Tried resetting hub and camera and set it up again.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jottess
Tutor
Tutor

Since 27.06.2021 11:13 (UTC) my camera started to detect motion almost continuously. Again. The length of the recorded ‘motion’ clips varies from 4 seconds to 5 minutes. There is no any movement in the camera’s field of view, while motion clips are recorded. Of course, the camera records also the clips tagged as ‘person’, ‘animal’ and ‘vehicle’, which are real ones. The same problem has been occurred in May 2020. The thread can be found here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Arlo-Ultra-doesn-t-show-any-motion-and-continues-for-4-seco...

The camera is connected to ARLO’s outdoor charging adapter. Audio detection is disabled, I’ve played around the sensitivity of motion detection (Mode>Armed>Edit>if motion in camera), which didn’t change anything. Currently the sensitivity of motion is 12 units, but clips are recorded in the same amount as it was set for 100. There are hundreds of recordings per day.  

Some days ago I've reset the hub (via reset button on the back) and the cam (hold sync button for 15 sec) and set it up again with no success. The false motions are still detected. After resetting the camera setup, there is no possible to connect the system to Apple HomeKit.

Firmware shall be the latest one. How to get rid of these false alerts and recordings? It's annoying.

3 REPLIES 3
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I had the same problem: lots of false notifications, and then the camera started recording very long videos.

The support told me to remove the camera from the app (did you do that, as it's not clear from your description), then reset the camera by holding the sync button for 15 sec, and then to add it to the app again.

Would you want to try again? If it doesn't help, then you should contact Support.
jottess
Tutor
Tutor

As mentioned in my initial post, I've reset the hub and the camera.

After your recommendation I've removed the camera from the hub, removed the hub from my account, reset both devices and set these up again. The situation is still the same, tons of useless recordings. The only difference is that the false clips are rather longer than earlier - up to 5min 5sec long.

I'll never intend to recommend Arlo products to anyone. I'm very disappointed.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I know it can be frustrating, but there's no need to overreact. I recommend that you get in touch with the Support and see what they say. I've done the same and an awaiting their response. In my case, the videos are still shorter, but when the camera was connected with the cable, videos were quite long, too. So, it looks like your and my problems are similar.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation