Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio detection causing phantom notifications, Smart Zones don't work

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DadBod
Guide
Guide

I ask this with all sincerity, is anyone actually having a positive experience with their Arlo Ultra cameras?

My cameras are currently expensive discussion pieces with guests. It’s been weeks and I still can’t really use them:

• Audio detection doesn’t work and will cause a stream of phantom notifications;
  • Speaking about notifications, I usually receive 50% of notifications on my phone;
  • Even with turning off audio detection on the cameras in the custom mode, I still will receive upwards 40-50 notifications per hour of audio warnings; and
  • As far as I can tell, Smart Zones simply don’t work.

I didn’t realize I was signing up to beta test a product.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

My experience has been positive, but I've never used audio alerts.  Too much stray noise in my environment for them to make sense. 

I don't understand why you are receiving audio alerts if you've turned off audio detection.  I certainly don't get them.

The activity zones do require the camera to be powered - which is regrettable.  

DadBod
Guide
Guide

You must be more gracious than me.

The audio detection fills two requirements for me: breaking glass in areas where the cameras aren't specifically trained, and for CO2/fire alarms under Smart Notifications.

I recognize you don't use the audio feature, but it is an integral part of the package.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DadBod,

There is a bug the development team is currently investigating that causes false audio triggers. I will provide you with an update as soon as I know more about a fix.

With Ultra, the camera does not need to be powered for activity zones as long as you have Arlo Smart. There was a back end update that addressed an issue with the accuracy of activity zones. You may need to recreate your activity zones and test them again to see if you still experience the same issue.

JamesC

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have my 2 camera Ultra system with doorbell and door chime.

I’ve owned it for about 9 weeks.

Only for the last 5 days has the system finally worked 100%.

I was unaware that my Verizon FIOS had by default enabled ‘home network protection’ HNP and for the weeks I was emailing logs from the Arlo app and the L2 support and Engineering could not determine from the logs what was causing all my issues of the systems going offline.

But since I talked to Verizon FIOS 6 times already and I finally talked to them a 7th time and they admitted about the network protection that was on.

But to clear everything works 100%, door bell, door chime, 2 Ultra cameras but I do not use audio detection either (sorry).

Thanks,
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation