Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
photoflea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Set up an ultra system, video doorbell, security lights, and a VMB4000 for the siren feature. I've set up rules to have a security light trigger video recordings and activate the siren. The niggle is, I now have multiple modes, so if I want to arm the system manually, I have to go to each mode and arm each one individually. That's four modes: Doorbell, Arlo Smart Hub, Base station siren, and light bridge. I realize I could put these on a schedule to arm, but I don't use schedules; I prefer to arm manually. Have I overlooked a way to arm all modes with one action manually?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's not how Arlo works. In fact, this is exactly how/why the schedule is used. Only one mode at a time can be active. So, if you want to manually arm the system, you have to choose the appropriate mode that does what you need. That may mean that you need more modes so all eventualities are covered.

photoflea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.

It seems the answer is no, you can't automatically arm multiple modes. By multiple modes, I'm not talking about multiple modes per camera, but in order to make my sequence work, I needed to have multiple "smart hubs" and link actions between them. In order for this inter-hub linking to work, they all need to be armed, and in order to arm all of them I have to arm each one manually. Since I'm new to the system, I wanted to see if I was overlooking some way of manually arming all of these hubs at once, instead of having to arm each of them one at a time. No big deal, it only takes a second. 

I understand that I can create multiple schedules, one per hub but I might as well just arm manually... and I don't want to use a schedule. BTY, the title of the thread is arming multiple modes, which may be misleading. I called that because it is accessed through the mode section of the app.

I'll get to my other issues in another post.

Cheers

photoflea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, there is a way to do what I want. I just stumbled on the 3d touch feature. Holding down the Arlo app icon brings up a menu allowing you to arm all (or dis-arm).  Problem solved!

Cheers

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation