Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra speaker audio crackling sound

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Brian419
Follower
Follower

Just bought a brand new ultra system 4 cam pack w hub. Speaker crackling noise on one and sometimes two cams. Pls assist 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

This issue with choppy audio should now be resolved. If you still experience this issue, please reach out to Customer Support for further assistance.

Thank you

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Welcome to the world of Arlo problems! Lol I have been experiencing the same thing for about a year. Best thing you can do is use your camera systems thru homekit! Its so instant and no lag with video or voice. Only downfall not sure if it actually shows 4k and everything else is limited. Arlo needs to get their act together and fix the nasty Arlo
App or let us use homekit secure video not just basic homekit!!!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Brian419

I have a few questions for you.

1. Does this noise occur over wifi & mobile data & on the Arlo app and computer?
  2. Is this occurring when you are live streaming or using the push to talk feature?
Ispy7803
Aspirant
Aspirant

The crackling noise on the audio recordings as well as when I access the camera live are horrific.  I also have a doorbell with NO audio issues.  The doorbell records r

the sounds around it and DOES NOT have the constant crackling sound of the camera.  Both are connected via the same base station.

All of my Arlo equipment was purchased new about 2 months ago.

Would love to have resolution to this issue.

Thanks.

Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have complained to them about the audio issue... for me its on live where it the noise has Crackles but on 4k live only.. if I switch to 1080 P the crackle or goes away.... But I’m recording even on for key cloud recording it is perfectly fine even tho live audio is crackling
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Ispy7803 @Sevakesmailian

Is this occurring on an Android or iOS device?

Also, is it possible to provide a video of this issue?

Thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Ispy7803
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use both an iPhone and iPad to access the video and the crackling is very prominent using either of the two.

Ispy7803
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I provide you an .mp4 file?  Your site says .mp4 format is not supported when I attempt to upload the file.

demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

yes.

All my cameras show full bandwidth signal as well. 

There's roughly a 10-15 second plus delay in video as well, makes the system unusable as a "security system" 

Turning local 4k off helps with the audio but the video delay still there.. I can walk in and out of the view of a camera 5 times before it even shows me walking away the first time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

I wanted to provide an update. The cause of this issue has been determined and fix is planned soon. I will provide another update as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

This issue with choppy audio should now be resolved. If you still experience this issue, please reach out to Customer Support for further assistance.

Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation