Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra recording issues

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
OddFreddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my cameras suddenly records only for a split second when see movement. I have not been altering settings, why?
11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OddFreddy wrote:
One of my cameras suddenly records only for a split second when see movement. I have not been altering settings, why?

I don't know why.  But I do suggest removing/reinserting the battery and see if that resolves it.

OddFreddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
No it didn't
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OddFreddy wrote:
No it didn't

Is the camera set to record for a fixed time, or is it set to record until motion stops?

If the latter, then maybe try setting it to record for a fixed time, and see if that works as it should.

OddFreddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's until motion stops. I can try fixed time
OddFreddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have no settings for fixed time. Maybe I have less options because of no subscription.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OddFreddy wrote:
Have no settings for fixed time. Maybe I have less options because of no subscription.

Fixed time is still an option (and actually is the default, so you must have changed it at some point).

Are you looking in the mode?  You should edit the rule for the camera, and then edit the "record" portion.  That should present an option to record for a fixed time.

OddFreddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Found it, didn't help
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OddFreddy wrote:
Found it, didn't help

Maybe try a factory reset??? https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

OddFreddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, well tried that too. Same problem still. Must be something wrong with the camera. Have a few months left of warranty
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OddFreddy wrote:
 Must be something wrong with the camera. Have a few months left of warranty

Could well be - I don't have any other suggestions to try.

OddFreddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the help🙂
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation