Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Arlo ultra not recording

I have an issue with my Arlo ultra cameras, I get notifications but the camera doesn't record and I cannot select the record video action under the armed settings, can anyone help with this issue
Model: VMS5340 | Arlo Ultra 3 Camera Kit
Message 1 of 10
Community Manager

Re: Arlo ultra not recording

Uknuta713,

You must have a subscription plan for Ultra recordings to be saved to the cloud.

Take a look here for more information: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

Message 2 of 10
Aspirant

So disappointed to spend all that money and then have to spend more, when on the box it says one year free with no actual explanation of what you get.
Message 3 of 10
Community Manager

If you've installed a brand new never before used kit, it does include 1 year free of Arlo Smart Premier.

Is the kit brand new? Have you installed it in the same country in which it was originally purchased?

JamesC

Message 4 of 10
Aspirant

Hi James, yes the system is brand new and yes installed in the same country it was purchased from. In that year do you get 7days rolling recording?
Message 5 of 10
Community Manager

Uknuta713,

If you're eligible for the free plan, it will automatically be applied to your account upon claiming the SmartHub.

The included free 1 year of premier allows for 30 days of cloud recordings.

JamesC

Message 6 of 10
Aspirant

Thank you James
How do I claim the smart hub?
Message 7 of 10
Community Manager

Uknuta713,

"Claiming" the SmartHub happens when you set up your Arlo account and add the SmartHub.

You've already done this if you have cameras synced and they appear in the app. If you did not receive the free plan automatically, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Message 8 of 10
MVN Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue. My cameras just stop recording on their own. They don't sense motion and library disappears.

I talked to tech support twice. The only temporary fix for now is restatrting the smarthub. Apparently the engineers are working on a fix. This is on top of the other issues. 

MVN

Model: VMS5440 | Arlo Ultra 4 Camera Kit
Message 9 of 10
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.

My issue was with the free 1 year subscription disappearing from my account.
Good luck with your issue
Message 10 of 10