Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra motion detection issue and charge for phone support?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kärl
Aspirant
Aspirant

So community manager James C says the motion detection is fixed as of latest FW update well let me tell ya It's NOT...and I just got my Kit today and it isn't working and I deleted the camera from the Base and re added it to no Avail I couldn't believe my eye's when I seen there is a charge for phone support for a $400 single camera kit that is just Highway robbery man. This is crazy think I will just send it back thanks but no thank's camera isn't feeding the dogs too. WOW just WOW

8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@Kärl,

There is no charge for Customer Support. Did you try here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx or get the number from a Google search. 

Before you try to contact Customer Support, why not tell us your problem precisely and maybe we can help you.

Brian

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Kärl wrote:

I couldn't believe my eye's when I seen there is a charge for phone support for a damn $400 single camera kit that is just Highway robbery man.

Where did you see that?

The bit about being asked to pay for support may be a scam.

If you called a number that you found with a web search, that almost certainly had nothing to do with Arlo.

Web searches can deliver results that scream "Arlo support" at the top but that turn out to be anything but. Using them can be dangerous, for your equipment and your bank balance.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Kärl
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is right off of there call us section 

Give Us a Call

Phone support is free for the first 90 days after any Arlo purchase and is also included with any Arlo subscription. After 90 days, phone support for non-subscribers is available for a small charge to help with advanced features, interfacing non-ARLO products, configuring large networks, and more. Local telephone fees may apply. Please check with your phone service provider.>>>>>

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Kärl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay then what does this mean??

Give Us a Call

Phone support is free for the first 90 days after any Arlo purchase and is also included with any Arlo subscription. After 90 days, phone support for non-subscribers is available for a small charge to help with advanced features, interfacing non-ARLO products, configuring large networks, and more. Local telephone fees may apply. Please check with your phone service provider....

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kärl,

When you say your camera isn't working? What isn't working? Are you seeing an error message? What exactly are you experiencing?

Your Arlo Ultra kit comes with a 1 year Arlo Premier subscription allowing you to contact support at no charge. If you would like to investigate this further with the support team, please open a support ticket.

JamesC

Kärl
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first set it up everything was fine then I added an SD card the hub says it was full right after a format and then the motion detection stopped working I had to delete and uninstall everything it is working to some degree now but without an SD card. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Kärl wrote:

Okay then what does this mean??

Give Us a Call

Phone support is free for the first 90 days after any Arlo purchase and is also included with any Arlo subscription.

If you buy a camera, or other kit, you get "free" support for 90 days.

If you buy a camera, or other kit, and take out a "cloud" subscription you get free support for the duration of the subscription.

In the case of the Ultra, you get a year's "bundled" subscription, with support.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Kärl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Send it back not worth the money get the Eufy-E this camera will never be good because they over thought the software probably on purpose for a marketing ploy. It will never be properly functional.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation