Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras not working since last update

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Waumaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo

Sorry not sure which board to do this on. We have HW VersionVMB5000r4  (wireless) and based in NZ and have just had to switch to the new app. It looks like we are behind a few other countries going off the feedback by other people as they seem to have had this problem back in March.

Since the update which needed to be done before the end of October, we have been having problems and now it is not working much at all. We are not getting any recording or notifications maybe half an hour a day if we are lucky. Using the laptop it says that we need to download a new flash program. I don't not how many times I have done this but it has been a lot. On our phones, we can get in to watch but that is it. We have removed the app from our phones and reinstalled to the same problem. What do we need to do and if anyone else has advice would be good?

I didn't want to ring the 0800 number and tried live chat but unfortunately can not wait long enough to be connected and there doesn't seem to be a direct email to support unless I have missed it.

thanks, Michelle

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Waumaz wrote:

Using the laptop it says that we need to download a new flash program. I don't not how many times I have done this but it has been a lot.

What broswer do you use?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team released a cloud fix late last night that resolves this issue. Please let me know if you're still experiencing an issue with notifications.

JamesC

Waumaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

thank you for making contact.

It is now either saying "getting status" or base station is off line. We have checked both the power and internet and both are fine.

Thanks Michelle

Waumaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi StephenB,

I use google chrome, any other suggestions?

thanks Michelle

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Waumaz,

It sounds like you may be experiencing something different than the issue the development team fixed last night. At this point, I would recommend that you please contact the Arlo Support Team to open a ticket and further investigate this issue.

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Waumaz wrote:

I use google chrome, any other suggestions?

Chrome has a flash player built-in, so there is no point in downloading the plug-in (unless you also use firefox).

The "update flash" message is misleading, the real problem is that flash is being blocked by the browser.  To solve this:

1. After you log into my.arlo.com, look for a padlock to the immediate left of the address bar text. 
  2. Click on that, and you will get a pop-up that will let you allow flash. 
  3. After you've done that, you'll see a reload control, which you also need to click on. 
  4. That will force you to log into my.arlo.com again - but flash will now work.

The "allow flash" control is moderately sticky - you'll sometimes find when you click on the padlock that it is still allowed.  In that case you can just proceed (no need for steps 3 and 4).

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation