Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
L8RDave
Aspirant
Aspirant
All of a sudden I no longer have the ability to access the local recordings stored on the SD card in my hub. An hour ago I could now when I go to. The library I only have cloud access. Previously I could select between cloud or hub.
Now it just says library and only cloud recording’s are available. When I go to the storage settings on my hub I can clearly see that there has been space used in there for recording. But the only way to access is to remove the SD card and read with another device. What happened to the app access?
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try these, one at a time:

- Reboot hub

- Reboot phone

-Reinstall app

MLBinVA
Star
Star

Just got off the phone with "expert tech" and they said the only way to view local recordings was to remove the card and view it on another device...

MLBinVA
Star
Star

Funny how this all falls in line with the batch of first customers that bought the systems and got upgraded service for a year free running out.  Now we find out that in order to keep any cloud recordings we need to pay for additional service and pay even more for higher resolution service.  Their solution record local BUT it's unusable as a remote view system so just pay us even though the service (for 7 days) has always been free.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MLBinVA,

Direct Storage Access allows you to save your recordings to an attached storage device on the SmartHub and view them locally or remotely. For more information on how to set this up, take a look here: What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

JamesC

L8RDave
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey James C. How about responding to the originator of the post(me) and my original question? The feature was working...?
Also why don’t I get notifications when a video is stored Only to the local SD card in hub?
L8RDave
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ya did all that before I posted. Also rebooted modem and router.....
as I said. It was working. Now it’s not
Thx.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

L8RDave,

If you're experiencing an issue with Direct Storage Access after following the setup instructions in the article linked above, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation