Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TomBaki
Guide
Guide
Since December 3rd-4th, I started to notice a lot of false alerts on the cameras. Mainly at night. Tried to lower sensitivity but all this does is not noticing the real triggers. I get 100’s of alerts per night. It used to work perfectly for months. Can I revert back to the old firmware? This bug makes the camera’s unusable.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The major issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved with the most recent Ultra Camera and SmartHub firmware updates. Please check here to make sure your systems automatically updated to the latest versions:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

If you're having a different issue, please open a new thread here in the community, reach out to me in a private message directly or contact support to further investigate: Arlo Support Team

A big thanks to the community for helping our engineering team troubleshoot these issues and thank you for your patience while we worked to release these updates.

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
mr_fried
Star
Star
I have been experiencing the same issue. So many alerts it’s driving me crazy. I work from home and it has been making me put pants on dozens of times a day!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The issues being reported here have been escalated to the development team and are currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

TomBaki
Guide
Guide
It did improve with the proposed action from Arlo support : to delete the cameras and add them again. However there are still some strange things happening : I turned off movement in smart alerts. I only have cars people and animals on, other movement is off. Yet I still get alerts on movement? Strange that this is happening...... one camera was still giving a lot of false alerts, removed this camera twice and added again, now it seems better. Still not as it was unfortunately
TomBaki
Guide
Guide
Problem is not solved. 50 false alerts last night. Smart alerts don’t work. Because I turned off movement on those cameras. I have persons, cars and animals on. Movement is OFF, still I get all these alert on movement? Can someone explain why? Any idea for a fix?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of a small number of users who have been negatively impacted due to recent Ultra FW releases. This resulted in false motion detection events, inconsistent activity zone behavior and SmartHub devices dropping offline. The development team is actively testing a firmware fix to address these concerns. Arlo would like to thank the users who have been working with our engineering team to provide field data to help us better understand what users are experiencing.

We will continue to update you on the progress and appreciate your patience while we work to deliver the fixes.

JamesC

BD2830
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am having the same issues 114 false alerts last night 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The major issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved with the most recent Ultra Camera and SmartHub firmware updates. Please check here to make sure your systems automatically updated to the latest versions:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

If you're having a different issue, please open a new thread here in the community, reach out to me in a private message directly or contact support to further investigate: Arlo Support Team

A big thanks to the community for helping our engineering team troubleshoot these issues and thank you for your patience while we worked to release these updates.

JamesC

TomBaki
Guide
Guide
My base station updated to the new firmware. But my ultra cameras are still on a different firmware than the one you mentioned in your post : 1.070.50.0_197_09137a0.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TomBaki,

Try rebooting your SmartHub, that should trigger the firmware update.

JamesC

Zstankovics
Aspirant
Aspirant
James it looks like my base station didnt update with today's update https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Ultra-VMC5040-1-050-2-205-0c7c8e1-19th-Dec... it shows it had yesterday's one applied
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zstankovics

The firmware you're referencing above is camera firmware, not base station/SmartHub firmware. Check your camera firmware to make sure you received the version in the release notes you linked above.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation