Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Tammy29
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have 3 cameras. 2 cameras will record videos our 3rd one will only save a motion picture and it won’t record a video. Firmware is the same across all 3 cameras and also settings.
What else can I try?

14 REPLIES 14
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked "manage cameras" in the subscription status?  This would happen if the third camera isn't in the subscription list.

lasermonkey
Star
Star
I also have this on one camera, and have a ticket open with arlo.
Try moving it close to base station (removes weak signal issues) and give it a go again. Did nothing for me.
As other person mentioned make sure it has a subscription. Mine does, still doesnt work.
Failing that, make sure the video record length is set to like 20 seconds, and they again.
This also did no work for me.
Job number is 41522452 which I am still waiting on a response to, over the SLA.

If I get a result I'll post it here.

Good luck!
lasermonkey
Star
Star

was meant to read:

Failing that, make sure the video record length is set to like 20 seconds, and Try again

lasermonkey
Star
Star
Hi Community admins, can you please advise why this ticket has had absolutely no response from any technical support.
Ive since cancelled my subscription with arlo ultra, and record locally. The camera still record a picture and no video. Why pay for something that doesn't work?
A response would be awesome

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lasermonkey wrote:
 The camera still record a picture and no video. 

Maybe try

• removing the camera from the account
  • holding down the sync button on the camera until it flashes amber
  • adding the camera back to the account.
Rick1984
Aspirant
Aspirant
Already done that twice also. Still not luck.
lasermonkey
Star
Star
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Ive tried that this morning and still the same problem.
It still cannot stream live, it still cannot record video. Signal is "strong".
Other cameras work fine (2 other ultras and 3 original arlo). Its just this one camera.
When i logged my ticket 2 months ago (to which i am still waiting for a response -come on Arlo!) I also had to detail out the network infrastructure at my home. Arlo hub plugged right into an Orbi wifi AP switch, plugged right into a firewall. All 1Gb. Internet link is 1Gb down 400 Mb up. Loads of bandwidth.
Rick1984
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep. Still not fix. Maybe order a new camera under warranty? Would arlo do that?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey lasermonkey,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information about your case.

Hi Rick1984,

If you are still under warranty, feel free to contact the Support Team to help you further. The link provides several options to contact the support team.

Tammy29
Tutor
Tutor
Hi
It has taken 2 months and I’m still waiting for this to be resolved. I was asked to send the camera back , I filled out form and then nothing. I had to chase up the return satchel myself as nothing arrived. They even told me to ring the phone number for Arlo support myself to follow up. 4 weeks later I finally received the satchel and sent the camera back. It was received 2 weeks ago and they still have not sent a replacement. I have emailed them to follow up and still no response.
This has been one of the worse customer experiences i have ever had. So disappointing as my other cameras work really well.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Tammy29,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you in regards to your contact with the support team.

Dash_512
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have one ultra camera that’s connected to the base via WiFi. It will activate with motion but will not record video. Additionally it won’t allow for live view. I’ve searched the forum with no luck resolving the issue. Any assistance would be appreciated before I return them. Thanks!
CTJames
Aspirant
Aspirant
Purchased a third camera. Worked fine for 2 months now record box is grey and can’t check it. Removed and reset hub. No luck.
CALLED ARLO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY DIDNT EVEN PICK UP.
I really liked Arlo and suggested to friends, but no more. Terrible customer service and product now.
Len_s
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a lot of headaches getting this set up. If I had all the correct info to start with it would've been a breeze. The key thing for me was to use the phone app  to set up the camera recording area. Make sure you go to the camera positioning option under the device utilities. This will help you point the camera in the correct area to pick up motion.   Also set up sensitivity to 100 if you need to. Once I did this the camera worked great.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation