Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mikejd1
Star
Star
So I just got an update for the Arlo app on the App Store today and it said the app will no
Longer work at the end of September and to download the new Arlo app. The problem is THERE IS NO NEW ARLO APP on the App Store. What the heck is going on with this Arlo team? You’d think before pushing an update like that the app would actually be ready in the App Store!!!
74 REPLIES 74
DenverDesigner7
Tutor
Tutor

This has been an impossible experience to reload. I downloaded the app, reset the base station, took down all the cameras readdded NEW device - still doesn't recognize my cams. They SUCK at customer service! NON- EXISTENT! 2 hrs. later i'm back on the OLD app. HONESTLY! A LOT OF MONEY & work! when the app finally shuts down so will my equipement. Don't advise purchasing this! Can't get any support!!!!!

DenverDesigner7
Tutor
Tutor

SO WE HAVE TO DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN???? YOUR SUPPORT, PLANNING & ASSISTANCE IS TERRIBLE.

Raindancegal
Guide
Guide
I have 5 Arlo pro cams
DenverDesigner7
Tutor
Tutor

YES. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!

DenverDesigner7
Tutor
Tutor

what product team? what customer service? NON-EXISTANT

@mikejd1 wrote:
😂

I’m sorry. I don’t usually make call, but this entire company is a joke and that product mgmt team are complete morons

DenverDesigner7
Tutor
Tutor

because it takes a lot of time & effort to start this all over again!!!

especially when you have multiple cameras that are not that easy to access!

it's a nightmare. that's why.

DenverDesigner7
Tutor
Tutor

that is the problem! i've spent 2 hrs. trying to update this APP for NO reason!!!!

time to find another option. thanks arlo for your sloppy update & NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I WILL DEFINITELY NOT RECCOMMEND THIS PRODUCT. Honestly, great marketing & ZERO follow up!!!

DenverDesigner7
Tutor
Tutor

go for it ! it's not working!!!!!

DenverDesigner7
Tutor
Tutor

it's a disaster. i wish we could have a choice & stay with the original because of the hours it takes to install, take down all the cameras - a tedious, lengthy nightmare. i will not reccommend this product! you can't talk to anyone!!!! horrible experience.

Year1
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Helpers,

Currently, I can view the existing arlo app through my laptop (using a website protocol) but once I move over to the new app, arlo technologies inc and its after September 30th, 2019 then can I  still access the new app using my laptop like I did before?  If yes, what is the new website?  If no, why not and will it be available soon?  I can't imagine that people can access the new arlo app via smart phone only.  What if you lose your smart phone or don't have a smart phone?

thanks.

M.

HNUNYA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, Arlo company is a total joke.  You can only talk to representatives on the other side of the world.  They stole my CC info a few months ago and used it to may ebay purchases,  My bank  ended up correcting the issue but it still happened.  There is no USA representative.  I am changing to a different camera system ASAP but I have thousands invested in my ARLO cameras and bases.  

brh
Master
Master

@Year1,

The website should not be affected by the new app. They are separate items.

Brian

Year1
Tutor
Tutor

Brian.

Thanks for your response.  I just looked at the website and I was able to login on my laptop and view the new arlo app.  However, I can't see or use the  "LIVE" function to record, take a photo, use the mircophone to speak, or mute the sound.  The error message I get is "A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required.  Please install the latest version from here."  I downloaded the new version of Adobe and then restarted my laptop.  I tried to open the new arlo app on my laptop again and it keeps giving me the same error message.  Please help!

Thanks.

M.

brh
Master
Master

@Year1,

What browser are you using? How to solve this issue varies by browser. 

Brian

Year1
Tutor
Tutor

Brian.

I'm using google chrome to access the new arlo app.

Thanks.

M.

brh
Master
Master

@Year1,

In Chrome when you go into your Login page, click on the lock icon to the left of the text https://my.arlo.com/#/home in the title bar. A pop up box will appear and you will see several options, one of them being Flash. Next to that is a selection box and it will probably say Blocked By Default. Select this box and click on Allow.

If that doesn't fix it there may bea another section in Settings about Blocking Content. You may have to clear that.

Brian

Year1
Tutor
Tutor

Brian.

Thank you. My google chrome browser was blocking flash by default.  I had to allow flash in order for arlo LIVE to work.  

Thanks.

M.

Raindancegal
Guide
Guide
Exactly what my windows 10 laptop is doing! Wish someone in @Arlosupport would read these issues and respond with resolution!!
brh
Master
Master

@Raindancegal,

What browser are you using?

Brian

Raindancegal
Guide
Guide
I tried Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge..all ask me to update Flash on every camera
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Raindancegal wrote:
I tried Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge..all ask me to update Flash on every camera

The way around this is somewhat different for each browser.

With Chrome you click on the padlock in the address bar after you log in.  You'll see a Flash setting that you set to "Allow".  You'll get a prompt to reload the page (and that will force you to log in again).   Either way flash will then work.  With Chrome 77 (just released), the browser will remember that setting, so you won't need to change it on every log in.

Firefox is a bit tricker.  After you get the error, you'll see a "lego" icon in the address bar - immediately to the left of the padlock.  Click on that, and you'll be able to Allow Flash.  After that, click on the "x" over the update error message, so you can click Live again.  FireFox won't remember the setting, so you'll need to do that on every log in.

With Edge, you click on the "here" in the error, and you'll get a pop-up control to "Allow Once". You then lhave to log in again, but flash will work.  Edge also won't remember the setting.

gingeneer
Initiate
Initiate
So you terminated service for the app that everyone’s currently using so that they can use your new app you haven’t even developed yet. And I’m sure the whole reason for the new app is to push people into subscriptions. This sounds like the plot to an award winning SNL skit. They should have Christopher Walken be the spokesperson.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gingeneer wrote:
So you terminated service for the app that everyone’s currently using so that they can use your new app you haven’t even developed yet. 

They haven't terminated the old one yet, that doesn't happen until the 30th.  

Really this is more of an app handoff than a brand new app.  They needed to change the distribution from Netgear to Arlo, since Arlo is a different company now.  Certainly there were some changes (and as we see here, issues have arisen).  But it's not a brand new app.  

brh
Master
Master

I also suspect that there are some back-end problems as my account was recently moved from Arlo.Netgear.com to MyArlo.com. Since then I have had a few wierd problems that don't seem to be firmware/software related, but more related to my account . For example: yesterday while troubleshooting one of my Ultra cameras, I removed it from my account and tried to add it back in. The blue LEDs on both the hub and the camera flash blue rapidly for a few seconds indicating that the camera is connected to the hub, but the app cannot find the device or add it to my account. The new app sometimes shows the modes and sometimes is stuck Getting Information.

DAG472
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will be taking mine cameras back today. Very disappointed. 😏