Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mikejd1
Star
Star
So I just got an update for the Arlo app on the App Store today and it said the app will no
Longer work at the end of September and to download the new Arlo app. The problem is THERE IS NO NEW ARLO APP on the App Store. What the heck is going on with this Arlo team? You’d think before pushing an update like that the app would actually be ready in the App Store!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The new app should now be available in the Android store with iOS soon to follow. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. It may take a little time for the app to show as available for all users. Please keep an eye on the app store and download the new Arlo app when it becomes available.

For more information on the new Arlo app, take a look here: Arlo is migrating to a new Arlo app this month

JamesC

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good thing you have 30 days for them to push the app... It's most likely stuck in the Apple approval process. Patience young padewan..

mikejd1
Star
Star
That’s not the point. Why direct someone to do something that isn’t even available yet?
moosed
Tutor
Tutor
I agree. I have a lot of ultra cameras, woke up to this wonderful news at 6am... called netgear... took them 10 minutes to get my contact information... they refused to help me because I did not want to go digging around for a serial number at 6am then they told me they don’t support arlo products right after I see a message about support ending for the app later this month and no other app is available. So I’m thinking I dropped over a grand on cameras that lasted about 40 days. Then they tell me to contact arlo... the app developer is netgear... so ok... transfer me! Can’t do that. Searched the site for a while trying to find the number. Had to google it. Spent 22 minutes on the phone to find out the app is not released yet, it is still in development. Great. Should I get out now? Probably.
mikejd1
Star
Star
😂

I’m sorry. I don’t usually make call, but this entire company is a joke and that product mgmt team are complete morons
Ewf2001
Guide
Guide

Why all the panick? It's not the usual way that we get an app update but it's not yet the end of September. Maybe there are a lot of core changes to the app so that Arlo (or Netgear) has to make clear that you must upgrade to the new app. I agree it would have been better if the app was already there but there could also be an delay with Apple?

moosed
Tutor
Tutor
Google doesn’t screen apps and during my call with Arlo, they said it is not in the google play or App Store yet, it is still in development
DoNotBuyArlo
Star
Star

I totally agree. My Arlo Pro 2 system has turned to junk by these Arlo monkeys. Even the moderators don't know how to help real customers as they just read recorded scripts over and over again. Maybe they should find real jobs. 

unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary

Why update the iOS app and tell us to download the new app and it is not ready yet....

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Ewf2001 wrote:

Why all the panick? It's not the usual way that we get an app update but it's not yet the end of September. Maybe there are a lot of core changes to the app so that Arlo (or Netgear) has to make clear that you must upgrade to the new app. I agree it would have been better if the app was already there but there could also be an delay with Apple?

Agreed, Not sure what the fuss is about. Nothing has broken. The same thing happened with my Hue Apps when they switched architecture.  Now that Arlo is a separate entity, they are most likely creating a standalone (separate from Netgear) app. Instead of complaining, maybe you could look towards the positive side of a company that continues to invest in its apps/userbase. I made  the mistake of trying out canary for a bit. Terrible company that was....

kipster007
Initiate
Initiate

Why all the panic???? Well it is worrisome when a company tells you to install new software and old software will stop working in 30 days... oh yea by the way we're not done with the new software yet.
I don't care if it's ready sitting on a shelf somewhere. You don't just do that to people. Let me spend $600 on some system oh it's not going to work in 30 days unless you upgrade and upgrade is not available to you yet hoping to release it soon and even if we do hoping you didn't have to leave on vacation for a while leaving your property unprotected... You should have come back from vacation to upgrade and then gone back.... This by far is the DUMBEST thing I heard a company doing... Whose running this company Jerry Lewis.?! If they gave an option either upgrade when we release it and hope you are in town or recieve a full refund. It would be a no brainer!!!

moosed
Tutor
Tutor
@IAMSAMMICH what do you mean you don’t see what the fuss is about? I see you’ve been complaining about bugs in their software for two years and now you’re defending them when their software won’t be working in 26 days... and so far there is only mention of a new app. What would you say to other people who use this to protect their families, their babies and what if they don’t have an app out by September 30th? You think that’s not a big deal? They’re pulling the thing that makes these work without an alternative. When hue switched over apps, they were available side by side. I have both apps still and use them. The old app has a feature or two the new one doesn’t. They didn’t make one stop working. even if they did, they had the other one available
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The new app should now be available in the Android store with iOS soon to follow. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. It may take a little time for the app to show as available for all users. Please keep an eye on the app store and download the new Arlo app when it becomes available.

For more information on the new Arlo app, take a look here: Arlo is migrating to a new Arlo app this month

JamesC

Ewf2001
Guide
Guide

Just downloaded the new app for iOS .....Smiley Happy

JohnThunderr47
Tutor
Tutor
You can get the new app here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/arlo/id1459289784
IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the direct link. Glad this fire drill is over.
shawn519
Guide
Guide
The new app constantly crashes on all of my iOS devices (iPhone, iPad). Figures. I’ve been an Arlo customer for one month, and I’m learning that Arlo software is trash.
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

James,

What is the point of the Arlo Legacy app if the new Arlo Technlogies app was released today anyway?  Why did I need to update my previous app only to replace it the same day?

hhzhao
Star
Star

For anyone on IOS 13 (beta), the new Arlo app 2.8 has a major issue running on devices with iOS 13. That is the notification and alerts DO not working!, no notification message, no badges, no alert sound, nothing at all!!!

iOS 13 will be released in few weeks, and Arlo legacy (2.7.x) will be end of its life by the end of September. This issue better be fixed by then, I hope!

mikejd1
Star
Star
Yup. I’m on iOS 13.1 beta 2 and noticed this too. Gonna delete the new app and go back to legacy for now
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Mikejd1, I personally had no luck yesterday evening failing back to the Arlo legacy app running iOS 13.1.

I had to go a bit extreme and restore the iPhone back to iOS 12.4.1 to get a Arlo apps to work normal again and receive notifications .

So as of last night I am running iOS 12.4.1 again on my daily device .
mikejd1
Star
Star
Yup. Just noticed this too
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're aware of an issue with notifications and the iOS13 beta. We will have a fix for this ready for release prior to the official release of iOS13. I will keep you updated on when this will be available.

JamesC

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Wow JamesC, lol in my only short 2.5 months of owning Arlin ultra cameras I must say that’s the fastest I’ve seen Arlo admit to an issue with their product that needs correcting.
Sndstrm6292
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for clarifying this. New Arlo App for Android is available now at the App Store and still waiting for the iOS version to come out.