Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo is useless without the subscription

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JonoHoogie
Follower
Follower

I bought an Arlo Ultra one year ago for almost 1000$ after we had had some things stolen and damaged to our property.

I was very happy with the product.

Now a year is up and Arlo has taken away critical features - activity zones and preview notifications and asked for a subscription at a high price. Since doing this the entire product is useless and there are streams of notifications, no ability to quickly review or filter them out with activity zones. Reducing sensitivity is not good enough as it then does not pick up anything.

I'm very unhappy about this and think Arlo should keep these two critical features in the free version. If not, I cannot recommend this product and will feel obliged to advise friends and family to stay away from this product.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JonoHoogie wrote:

think Arlo should keep these two critical features in the free version. 

FWIW, there never was a "free version" for the Ultra.  You were on a trial subscription, which eventually expired.

The need for a subscription was on the packaging - though I think with the original Ultra the print was pretty small.  It's easier to find on the more recent cameras.

@JonoHoogie wrote:

and asked for a subscription at a high price.

The cost in the US is $10/month for unlimited cameras, which many find annoying, but doesn't seem that high.

Jrad12
Guide
Guide
I had the same experience. I was totally unaware when I purchased the expensive system and additional cameras that it required a subscription service to use. Was a big shock after 12 months and I was fuming too because I found it very misleading.
Jrad12
Guide
Guide
This thread should also include:

If you subscribe to the slightly cheaper 2k plan, local streaming will only be available in 2k not 4k. Wow Arlo.. wow
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation