Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app not loading on iPhone 12. Tried uninstalling, restarting and installing app again.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tammy29
Tutor
Tutor

Hi
The Arlo app won’t load on my iPhone 12. I have uninstalled, re started phone and installed app again still the same. Works on computer and another iPhone. I have latest apple software. I have attempted to fix through Live Chat and raising a request. Still unresolved. Won’t work on wifi or mobile network. Screenshot of the screen it stays stuck on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tammy29
Tutor
Tutor
Hi everyone, I had to go into settings and “offload” the data first. Restart iPhone. Then “delete” the app, restart iPhone and then reinstall and it finally worked.
Arlo Admin- it would be useful to have these tips on your web page. It took 4 different consultants until we landed on the right way to fix it.
Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Tammy29,

We recently released a new version of the Arlo iOS app, which is version 3.5. If you haven't updated yet, try updating to the latest version of the app. You can read more about the latest version here: iOS Mobile App - 3.5 - 20th July 2021

Also, you can try toggling airplane mode on and off to see if that helps.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@JessicaP The photo that @Tammy29  posted is where my app locked up before crashing the first time after updating to 3.5. It was fine after that first crash. This was on Iphone8. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey dcfox1,

Just to be sure, are you still having this issue after you experienced the first crash? Could you explain more when the crash happened when you got the Arlo iOS app version 3.5?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@JessicaP  It occurred the first time I opened the App after updating to 3.5. It got stuck on the intro page that @Tammy29  posted for about 30 seconds then crashed. Tried again and it worked fine and still fine for a day and a half. May have been an isolated incident for me on Iphone8 as she has a Iphone12. I do have IOS 14.6. 

Edit:  To add I removed the App before downloading 3.5

Tammy29
Tutor
Tutor
Hi everyone, I had to go into settings and “offload” the data first. Restart iPhone. Then “delete” the app, restart iPhone and then reinstall and it finally worked.
Arlo Admin- it would be useful to have these tips on your web page. It took 4 different consultants until we landed on the right way to fix it.
Thanks
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation