Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Yet Another RMA Issue - Be Warned

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

My RMA 7191579 went missing since I returned the faulty camera to the warehouse more than two weeks ago. Chat support has been helpless. Some of them even told me that they haven't received it. My RMA even disappeared from their system when I tried to check the status, but now it's back up AFTER I submitted the proof of delivery.  One of the support allegedly escalated the case to someone higher up but no update or no replacement unit since, even though apparently a replacement gets shipped out within a few business days after the faulty item was returned to the warehouse according to their official guidelines.

StarTrack (courier I used) captured the signature and name of the person who signed for it, and I have sent a copy to the support as proof of delivery. 

Then I discovered that this RMA issue isn't uncommon in Australia because I have found two related topics. 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Cannot-get-proper-help-from-Arlo-support/m-p/1709274

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/LOST-RMA/m-p/1806343#M17285

If you browse topics by keyword RMA, you will find all sorts of troubles with RMAs not just in Australia but worldwide. This is shocking. If you need to send faulty units back to them, make sure that you purchase "signature on delivery" or they will tell you that they haven't received it. Now I will have to contact Fair Trading since Arlo doesn't take this issue seriously. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI, 

Thank you for the update. As of today I looks like your RMA was processed. You should be receiving an email with a tracking number.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @PGalore

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 42580484

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks but as I expected, this is going nowhere.

I received the below email on last Friday or Saturday:

"We received your feedback from the Arlo Community platform. I am reaching out to our fulfillment team to know why the replacement unit for your RMA 7191579 hasn't been shipped yet and to have the issue resolved as soon as possible."

No update since.  I contacted support via chat and all they said was that they would re-escalate this case.  This is the 4th time my case was re-escalated. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI, 

Thank you for the update. As of today I looks like your RMA was processed. You should be receiving an email with a tracking number.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation