Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MedStudent
Star
Star

What is going on!? I had cameras connected that now are showing no connection and they can not be added back even after removing them  from the hub. This is ridiculous. I've reset the router, hub, and done all the basic stuff and tried to connect them and they cannot be found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MedStudent
Star
Star

I contacted support last night and the fix was to leave the battery out for about a minute; I was giving it about 10 seconds between popping out and reinserting. 

I also downloaded 12.1.3 IOS yesterday and the app had crashed a ton during the setup process but that was the only method I was using (didn't try the SmartHub restart button).

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MedStudent,

What is the LED behavior on the cameras when attempting to sync?

Try unplugging your SmartHub, wait 10 seconds, plug back in. Allow it to boot up with a solid blue LED and then try syncing again. Do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

MedStudent
Star
Star

I've tried the reboot 5 times. I've tried waiting even a minute. I hold sync at the bottom until the blue light flashes, then orange appears, then I keep holding until the blue flashes rapidly again and then goes off. When I release at the end of that series it appears blue again. My second camera just disconnected the same as the first that says "contact support for assistance" and I haven't removed that one yet to try and re-add it. My  app keeps crashing also or getting to the point where it says nothing found. 

MedStudent
Star
Star

I also have 8 other cameras (So 1/10 removed and trying to reconnect and 1/10 offline and haven't removed yet).  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MedStudent,

Is the battery low or depleted on the camera that won't sync? Bring it close to the base station and plug in the charger and try the sync that way.

Also try checking My Devices on the web client, is the camera showing up there? it could be a problem with the app displaying the camera, try logging out and logging back in.

JamesC

zincyellowcobra
Luminary
Luminary

@MedStudent 

I had a similar problem a while back where using the sync button on the back of SmartHub did not work, however, adding a device via the Arlo app did work.  When it happens to me, the hub LED flashes as it should, the camera LED flashes as it should - the camera LED later flshes rapidly indicating it has synced - then look in app and camera was not added. Just had this same issue adding a previously unused camera to the system, so it is not an issue Re-adding cameras that lost their connection. Just like before, I couldn’t sync cam to hub using the sync button on back of hub so went through Arlo app to add a camera and the camera synced up right away. 

MedStudent
Star
Star

I contacted support last night and the fix was to leave the battery out for about a minute; I was giving it about 10 seconds between popping out and reinserting. 

I also downloaded 12.1.3 IOS yesterday and the app had crashed a ton during the setup process but that was the only method I was using (didn't try the SmartHub restart button).

Thanks for the help.

zincyellowcobra
Luminary
Luminary

I’m having app issues too with Arlo app in 12.1.2 and 12.1.3. Lots of crashing. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@zincyellowcobra wrote:

I had a similar problem a while back where using the sync button on the back of SmartHub did not work, however, adding a device via the Arlo app did work.  When it happens to me, the hub LED flashes as it should, the camera LED flashes as it should - the camera LED later flshes rapidly indicating it has synced - then look in app and camera was not added. Just had this same issue adding a previously unused camera to the system, so it is not an issue Re-adding cameras that lost their connection. Just like before, I couldn’t sync cam to hub using the sync button on back of hub so went through Arlo app to add a camera and the camera synced up right away. 

I agree that you must use the app to sync. I'm not sure why that was changed compared to the older cameras and bases but I, too, was just trying to jump ahead using what had always worked. It didn't. Once I followed the app, my problems went away.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation