Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Tobi2000
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

just got the new Arlo Ultra but it won’t sync with the Smart-Base station.
Called the customer support and got as an answer that it is a known issue and they are working on it. He wanted to send me an email (without asking for my contact details) whenever they resolved it but couldn’t tell me if it’s a week or a month. He mentioned that the whole uk can’t sync their Arlo Ultra's at the moment.

What is going on Arlo? Any idea how long it will take?

And is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thank you

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tobi2000
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Ray,

I got it to work now. Finally got someone on the phone who could help. And the Fix was quite easy. Try using your PC instead of the app. Worked for me

Regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tobi2000,

What process are you using to sync the camera? Are you following the instructions as listed here: How do I sync my Arlo Ultra camera manually?

What LED behaviors are you seeing on the camera when attempting to sync?

JamesC

Tobi2000
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

I tried both. The sync process on the app and the manual one. No success.

Is it not true then what the tech support said?

I get a very fast blue blinking light on the Ultra. After a few seconds it goes off and on the app there is still the screen searching for a camera. After half an hour I stopped it.

Tobi2000
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tobi2000,

Try resetting your camera, press and hold the sync button for 10+ seconds, you'll hear a "click" sound and the camera will reboot. After that, try syncing again, if you're still having issues, i'll see what additional information I can find out.

JamesC

Tobi2000
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

thank you JamesC but that also didn’t help. Tried it manually and on the app. Rebooted the base and the Ultra but without success. Rapid blue blinking and then the light goes off on the Ultra and the app is in “Discovering your devices” mode. Funny thing is that the app is doing it until I cancel it (after 30+ minutes). I don’t understand why it is not saying: “no devices found”

Tobi2000
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tobi2000,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

Ray_li30
Aspirant
Aspirant

im having the same issues as toby! I have 3 camera and they have been working for the past week or so but today the app just stated cameras offline. I have tried a factory reset and re syncing but it doesnt work. The base station flashes blue with the camera and appear to be trying to sync but the app just stays on the discovering your devices page. 

Tobi2000
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Ray,

I got it to work now. Finally got someone on the phone who could help. And the Fix was quite easy. Try using your PC instead of the app. Worked for me

Regards
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation