Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mosh-With-Josh
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Ultra six-camera setup worked pretty well from November to May. Then, in mid-may, the cameras stopped saving videos to the library, and i no longer received any notifications. I have been in tech-support purgatory ever since. Countless long waits in the chat queue, unhelpful troubleshooting suggestions, promises of further help from tech support unfulfilled, etc. I have done everything Arlo has asked from me to get helped, and I have been totally unhelped and without a functioning surveilance camera system for two months.

It is a sad, sad, sad inexplicable tech and tech-support a situation.

Everytime I make contact, I have to give the list of assurances that everything seems to be working on my end...
My cameras work. I see live feeds.. I can record manually. They detect motion. My subscription is up to date. My internet connect is solid and high-speed. Et cetera. Then... when it is Arlo's turn to help, radio silence from Arlo...

Is this issue being addressed at all? Has anyone been given a second-level solution? Is a firmware issue the cause (as it appears occurred back in Aug 2019, per older posts on this board)?

6 REPLIES 6
ianthomas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one camera out of 4 like this.  The other 3 send notifications and record video but the 4th refuses even after turning the motion detection up to 100

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you removed and resynced that camera?

Mosh-With-Josh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still have my problems, and it has been another week of no follow-up from Arlo. This is a sad lack of any communication. The worst! I just want help.

I disconnected one camera and tried to re-add it. It appears that I added it because the base saw the camera, and i could name it. Then, the app did that it was added successfully. However, the camera does not appear in the app. So I cannot even see the camera's live view or status anymore!

Something is very wrong, and I just want sone tech support. Or I am ready to talk warranties and refunds.
ianthomas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many times and finally it came back.  Very flaky!!

Mosh-With-Josh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed another camera and tried to re-sync it. Despite being told by the app that the sync was successful, I had the same failed result. Neither camera shows up anymore in the app. Now I can only see four cameras.

Any suggestions?

Obviously, I still am hoping that anyone from Arlo can step up via email, this board, phone, etc.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would start by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. While a PITA, it should restore your functionality. Be sure to note all settings, mode, rules and schedule to speed the rebuild.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation