Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra will not record to library or send notifications. Already contacted support.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mosh-With-Josh
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Ultra six-camera setup worked pretty well from November to May. Then, in mid-may, the cameras stopped saving videos to the library, and i no longer received any notifications. I have been in tech-support purgatory ever since. Countless long waits in the chat queue, unhelpful troubleshooting suggestions, promises of further help from tech support unfulfilled, etc. I have done everything Arlo has asked from me to get helped, and I have been totally unhelped and without a functioning surveilance camera system for two months.

It is a sad, sad, sad inexplicable tech and tech-support a situation.

Everytime I make contact, I have to give the list of assurances that everything seems to be working on my end...
My cameras work. I see live feeds.. I can record manually. They detect motion. My subscription is up to date. My internet connect is solid and high-speed. Et cetera. Then... when it is Arlo's turn to help, radio silence from Arlo...

Is this issue being addressed at all? Has anyone been given a second-level solution? Is a firmware issue the cause (as it appears occurred back in Aug 2019, per older posts on this board)?

6 REPLIES 6
ianthomas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one camera out of 4 like this.  The other 3 send notifications and record video but the 4th refuses even after turning the motion detection up to 100

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you removed and resynced that camera?

Mosh-With-Josh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still have my problems, and it has been another week of no follow-up from Arlo. This is a sad lack of any communication. The worst! I just want help.

I disconnected one camera and tried to re-add it. It appears that I added it because the base saw the camera, and i could name it. Then, the app did that it was added successfully. However, the camera does not appear in the app. So I cannot even see the camera's live view or status anymore!

Something is very wrong, and I just want sone tech support. Or I am ready to talk warranties and refunds.
ianthomas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many times and finally it came back.  Very flaky!!

Mosh-With-Josh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed another camera and tried to re-sync it. Despite being told by the app that the sync was successful, I had the same failed result. Neither camera shows up anymore in the app. Now I can only see four cameras.

Any suggestions?

Obviously, I still am hoping that anyone from Arlo can step up via email, this board, phone, etc.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would start by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. While a PITA, it should restore your functionality. Be sure to note all settings, mode, rules and schedule to speed the rebuild.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation