Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
LensCleaner
Star
Star

Had an alert at 3:48 this morning but when I check the library nothing has recorded. There were other recordings last night that have made it into the library, so not an issue with the mode by the looks of it. A manual recording I've done since has also shown up in the library. The notification had an image in it, so it seems like there will have been a recording but nothing to be seen.

It's very disappointing considering how much more expensive these cameras are than rival products. Not naming any names but my doorbell camera never seems to have this problem.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This can be due to your Arlo Smart settings. If Smart decides it isn't one of your selections, no video is posted in the library. It will be recorded in your local storage if you have that installed and configured.

LensCleaner
Star
Star

Thanks for responding. The alert told me there was a vehicle, so I can't see any logic in the system deciding I won't want to keep the video of that? I mean my doorbell caught the vehicle go by and a person walking about - which is what you want your security camera to do right? Other cars the same night caused both notification and recording, so this feels like an error somewhere in the backend system.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea you should have got a recording no matter what you setting is. In smart notifications if  you have one off  you wont get a notification but it will still give you a recording on cloud and local labeled the category.  It works fine here. 

LensCleaner
Star
Star

Same thing again last night alert for a car driving past at 5.35am but nothing in the library?

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Me and a few others in the pro 3 forum are having the same problem, it's driving me crazy
LensCleaner
Star
Star

I spoke to support today and got reference of 41727132.

I noticed after talking to support that I also had the same problem with my second camera to the rear of the property where again the camera had sent a notification but no recording. So this issue isn't camera specific for me. They want me to get the cameras down to run some diagnostics on them but it seems to me it would be a remarkable coincidence if both cameras suddenly developed an identical problem, along with those owned by the others on this forum reporting the same issue!

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Yes the diagnostics will be a complete waste of your time as usual.
This is a fault with their servers.
I think I have managed to stop mine doing it but I've had to remove all cameras from smart notifications settings menu.
So not getting full service but still get all notifications.
So disappointing, but I think this will be the future for Arlo..
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

I'm not sure if any of you noticed, but when I attempted to remove the Smart Notifications, I will admit, that things were working much better, but I still had instances where motion was not in the library (but less frequently than when the Smart Notifications where on). 

nme16
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the advice. I have just purchased this system and set up yesterday. I’m extremely disappointed with the missing data from the library. This is the main reason we purchased this system.
So far it’s not worth the money we paid.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation