Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra problem installing. Trying to log on the Arlo WiFi but don't know password.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wiking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had 5 Arlo cameras as a complement. My son tried to access the cameras and all of them were deleted.

I think one of the the first steps is to log in on the Arlo Wifi.

I don't have that password to the Arlo Wifi.

I need help to get a new password to the Arlo Wifi.

I need the password for the Arlo wifi  to intall the cameras again?

All the best

Johan 

Sweden

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't log into the Arlo WiFi - it's protected for security reasons. The hub must be connected to the router via an Ethernet cable and be showing a blue LED. You then use a phone's app to set up the system as well as to manage the system once it's set up.

Who set the system up - you or your son? The primary user (the person who set the system up) then uses Settings, Grant Access to the other person's email address. That person then follows the emailed directions to create an account so that he can see the cameras. Once the system is set up, you can't use the Add New Device selection for the person who was granted access.

Perhaps more details would be useful.

Wiking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for helping med.

My son deleted the cameras I can't se the cameras any longer.

I don't know how to see them again.

I tried to take out the battery and push the button to synchronize and so on.

But I can't find the cameras on tje app in my Iphone. 

Can i get help to see the cameras again. 

I thought I needed the password to the arlo wifi first.

Thank you for helping me it a complement to my other system but I like the Arlo system.

All the best Johan 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like your son is the person who set the system up (the primary user). It also would seem that he granted you access so you could see the cameras. If your son deleted the cameras, we need to know if that was so that no cameras show in his account or if he just removed the cameras from your settings in Grant Access. He would have to add them back to your settings.

It's also possible that you are the primary user and you gave your son your login credentials so he could see the cameras. If he then removed the cameras from your account, you would need to follow the same procedure to set them back up as when you first installed the system. It may be best to also delete the SmartHub if that still shows in Settings, My Devices. Then use the Add New Device button on the Devices card (the first screen displayed after logging in) to claim the base as before. You can then add the cameras as prompted in the app. 

Once the system is set up again, change your Arlo password so your son can't log in as you. Then use Settings, Grant Access to his email address so he can see the cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation