Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jirkacha
Follower
Follower

Hi, I've already added my Arlo ultra camera to HUB which is primary designed for arlo pro 2. I'm not able to choose in armed mode recording to cloud. Notification and everything is going well but no record available. thanks for helping me. jirkacha

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jirkacha wrote:

Hi, I've already added my Arlo ultra camera to HUB which is primary designed for arlo pro 2. 

You need a subscription to record in the cloud.  

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

When buying the Ultra, it is far from clear that you can't record 4k videos unless you buy the $15.99 monthly subscription service - per camera!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@trickytcamgeek wrote:

When buying the Ultra, it is far from clear that you can't record 4k videos unless you buy the $15.99 monthly subscription service - per camera!

Your pricing information is wrong.  https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Plus the direct access to local storage does provide free 4K recording (though not as easy to set up as the cloud storage).

Some people here were apparently surprised to discover the need for the subscription for cloud recording after purchase.  It is clearly stated in most of the places I've looked, so I don't how exactly how that happened.

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary
You are right. Now you have directed me to the pricing plan, I see it is $14.99 per month for a maximum of five cameras with the Elite plan - which is the only one which allows the 4K recording in the cloud.

I have 23 Arlo cameras. I bought the last one just before the scandal involving the failed App upgrade and that incident has made me hold off buying any more at least until confidence returns. (Not yet).

I would like to replace a number of these Arlo cameras with a 4K version. For the time being I won’t be doing that. I just don’t have the appetite to take on monthly subscriptions with Arlo.

I wonder how many other people are like me and won’t buy the 4K camera because of the subscription requirement.

My advice to Arlo: I know subscriptions are all the rage for big companies like Microsoft, but small companies should be more focussed on growing their user base than trying to lock them in to a fee paying service.

Why not give users free 7 day 4K cloud videos and ask them to pay if they want 30 days? I bet that would boost camera sales and in the long term more fee paying subscribers than Subscribe than will be the case based on the present plan.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation