Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Drahthunter
Guide
Guide

I have a Arlo Ultra and Arlo video door bell on the front of my house (pictured below).  I have been noticing that the Ultra is not catching animal motion (50 lb animal).  This Ultra used to have motion detection outside of the zones but now isn't detecting things in the zone.  I have reset it and ensured its updated.  Very frustrating as it would seem the zones and motion is something Arlo can't get figured out across products.

Ultra vs doorbell.jpg Last night I had a coyote go across my driveway on the yellow line.  The video door bell caught the motion but the Ultra did not.  It would appear the animal detection isn't working like it should.  I have also had a raccoon do a similar path and not have the ultra pick it up.  I have all the setting selected for all movement.  This camera also seems to go through batteries much faster (from beginning didn't want to charge to 100%).  Any one else see this going on with the motion vs the doorbell?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drahthunter,

Try removing your activity zones entirely, save, and then rebuild the zones and test again. Do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

Drahthunter
Guide
Guide
I removed the activity zones and it still seems slow on reporting motion. My back camera is having same issue and I deleted all zones. My cheap motion light is picking up motion from further away and greater angle. Any advise? I tried to post the 4K video but it’s too large to post.
Drahthunter
Guide
Guide
Here are the first frame of video which shows delay compared to motion light.
mbejdom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am suffering the same problem with Ultra and Ultra 2 cams, is there any update concerning this issue? Thanks a lot in advance.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation