Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set up my new Arlo Ultra system, one of the cameras cloud recordings in the library thumb nail is grayed out. The camera is recording 4K and is plugged into power.

It doesn’t happen all the time but I’d prefer it didn’t happen at all. 

Can anybody help?

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K9trainer,

When viewing the video clip, does the beginning of the video show the same behavior?

JamesC

K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes just the very beginning, there are even some green thumb nails in the library now showing up. It seem it’s just the cameras on the 4K cloud recording.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K9trainer,

What is the signal strength showing for these cameras? Poor signal strength or interference can cause artifacts in the image quality like what you're experiencing.

JamesC

K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 bars out of 3

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K9trainer,

Try bringing your SmartHub closer to the camera, or elevating it to improve the signal strength. You might also (as a test to isolate the issue) try bringing your camera close to the SmartHub to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I have been having this issue as well just in the last week or two, and it's only on my Ultra cameras, not any of my Pro2 cameras (attached to the same base station) that are as far or farther away from the base than the Ultras. I get weird gray or rainbow colored flashes in the video for a second or two, and then it goes back to normal. I also have 2 out of 3 bars, and have never been able to get higher, even with my camera that is literally on the other side of the wall from my base station. It's really frustrating.

K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine seem to start happening when I added 4K video cloud recording

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation