Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Ultra takes a long time to update clip into library after alert notification. And, cant view live stream when motion is still present after notification. These problems have been present for many weeks now. Posted here and  many other users complained as well. The “tech” guys were aware of the problem but there has been no update JamesC. After another member posting revealed a temporary fix of removing “activity zones” this seemed to speed notifications up appearing in library much quicker (within 20 seconds). This however was not as quick as before and nothing has changed with my account or the upgraded PVR SERVICE I’ve paid for. Also this means now I don’t have the ability of choosing activity zones which were feature of this camera. I also can’t live view any activity once the cameras sensor has been activated. If someone (post man) is outside and has activated sensor I can’t view/speak to him as the live view will not connect, so another advertised service that doesn’t work. I’ve tried all the reboots, reconnects and removing cameras then adding. I’ve tested my internet speed (nothing has changed since installation) it’s not that. So several of the Arlo Ultra services are not working still! JamesC I’m reaching out to you for help or anyone else. Will compensation be offered for promised services not working and money wasted on upgraded option. I think you should have more transparency and updates to your customers especially as this is a costly and allegedly premium service. I look forward to your (JamesC) reply.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Craig-S,

We have a ticket open on this issue with the development team and are actively collecting data from these reports. When I have new information available, I will provide it here.

JamesC

TheZenDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is still an issue. Just installed the new system and having all the same problems. Already tried various resets and talked to someone in support but still having the same lagging (or no show at all in library) problem you mention. Very disappointing. This system will likely be returned. 

SAM21
Apprentice
Apprentice
You might be better off returning the cameras because based on all the issues everyone is having it seems very difficult for Arlo to fix the problems. I think that with all the update and previous fix just causing and creating more problems. The more they fix a problem another is created. It appeared that this cycle will continue.
TheZenDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Indeed. Fooled around with settings and whatnot today for a couple more hours but nothing seemed to change the slow library response or the time lag between the camera being triggered and the recording activating and/or sending notifications, among other glitches. Anyway, I gave up and am now boxing things up to return. On to the next brand!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation