Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My new Ultra 3 Camera kit arrived yesterday to replace an Arlo Pro 2 setup - I had a Arlo Smart Premier subscription, my question is how do I get the Smart Premier 1 year free offer to start or is there a promotion code I need?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The apparent issue is that you need to set up the Ultras either on a new account or on an existing account that has no subscription. I'd suggest removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and remove your subscription at the same time. Then start fresh with your existing account that no longer has a subscription and claim the base, followed by syncing the cameras and any other devices. You should then have the free 1 year subscription.

If not, you likely will need to speak with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The apparent issue is that you need to set up the Ultras either on a new account or on an existing account that has no subscription. I'd suggest removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and remove your subscription at the same time. Then start fresh with your existing account that no longer has a subscription and claim the base, followed by syncing the cameras and any other devices. You should then have the free 1 year subscription.

If not, you likely will need to speak with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for that - you were right it was easier to start with a new account and ping - I had my years free and a clean slate for adding all the new bits and bobs.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zsaraman,

Please let us know if you continue experiencing any issues.

JamesC

martinm1
Guide
Guide

I subscribe to arlo premier already for my older cameras. how do I get the credit for 1 yr of premier that comes with the ultra camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure if it will work but remove your Ultra system from Settings, My Devices (Ultra base and any cameras on it) and then unsubscribe from any subscriptions you have. Now set up the Ultra system as new and you should get the free 1 year.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

martinm1,

When you unsubscribe, you'll be issued a credit for the remaining unused portion of the subscription. After you reclaim your SmartHub as jguerdat suggests above, the free 1 year subscription will be applied to your account.

JamesC

martinm1
Guide
Guide

Thanks. I want to retain my pro hub for my older cameras. I use geofencing to move from disabled to armed when I leave the house. I have the ultra on the front door and want that one armed all of the time. Can both hubs be on the same premium account or do they require 2 separate accounts. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

martinm1,

Both can be on the same account.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation