Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Follower

Arlo Ultra is too pricy!

The Arlo Ultra is too pricey in my opinion. A four camera bundle cost $1,000! Yuck! And it doesn't even include the solar panels for that price!? This is like the Apple iPhone all over again LOL. This is not the TV show Dangerous catch. These things shouldn't cost this much, sure there's a 4k camera, two-way audio, solar panel capable, HDR Etc, bells and whistles. But come on man, $1,000 freaking dollars?!

The next closest product is the Argus 2 as far as solar capable security cameras. I inquired/complained to The Argus 2 parent company on Facebook and through their corporate site.  Regarding the main issue that I have with their product. The issue that is stopping me from purchasing is the 15 FPS. Of course I used your product, the Arlo Ultra as reference. since they said that it is not possible with batteries to create a product with higher than 15 FPS, I pointed out your product and the fact that it does do higher than 15 FPS on batteries... so, they can't turn around and tell me that it's not possible, I know otherwise... price wise for $130 which includes the solar panel it's not a bad price. The thing is I told them, they should up the fps to at least 25 FPS.  using a slightly larger battery pack would remedy the higher frame rate issue.

So in conclusion, you guys have a fantastic product but they have an excellent price point. Maybe you guys can  learn something from each other.

Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: Arlo Ultra is too pricy!

Why do you think you need more than 15 FPS?  Between 10 and 15 is usually good for surveillance cameras. That's what I have my hard-wired Axis cameras set to.  Higher rates can cause issues with remote viewing and mobile devices.

When it comes to Arlo, I'd much rather see them halve the frame rate and give us less compression for better quality video.

Message 2 of 3
Luminary

Re: Arlo Ultra is too pricy!

Sorry but Americans moaning about prices really gets my back up, you get everything so much cheaper than us in UK, the four camera at Amazon here is $1481.59! And it has been the same price ratio on all the Arlo range, we really get ripped off here! We didnt even get the Costco deal a few months back.
Message 3 of 3