Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connecting Ultra Camera to power Cable

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
camfish
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am about to purchase the ultra cameras and was wondering if the power cable to connect to the camera are already out on sale? 

Also, I would like to know how easy it is to attach to the cameras. I just do not want the maintenance of battery changes. 

Thanks, 

Camille

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

camfish,

The charging cable included with the camera is for indoor use only. Availability for the outdoor charging cable here: Arlo Accessory - Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable | 25 ft, Weather Resistant Connector | Compatible w...

Yes, the charger can remain plugged in 24/7.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

camfish,

Arlo Ultra charging accessories will be available on release for the the Arlo Ultra cameras.

Arlo Ultra uses magnetic charging. This is very simple to attach to the cameras. Take a look here for more information: What is the magnetic charger that came with my Arlo Ultra camera?

Ultra_camera_mount_charger

JamesC

camfish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, JamesC

You say they will be released but when? Is this for outdoor use as well? Are you able to keep the chargers on them 24/7 because its just as much maintenance if we have attach them every week or so?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

camfish,

The charging cable included with the camera is for indoor use only. Availability for the outdoor charging cable here: Arlo Accessory - Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable | 25 ft, Weather Resistant Connector | Compatible w...

Yes, the charger can remain plugged in 24/7.

JamesC

ChristianCecchi
Aspirant
Aspirant

What happens if I use the indoor cable? The reason I ask is because the lenght of the cable from the camera to a box or hole in the wall is only a few inches. I wouldn't want to pay double the price for an excessively long cable when I'll use just a tiny fraction. 

So what could happen if I use the indoor cable outside?

Thanks

Chris

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ChristianCecchi,

The cable is not designed for outdoor conditions. Using it outside could result in water/moisture damage, voiding the warranty.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation