Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I just have to make this a thread because I’m so appreciative of the whole arlo team for their fast work to make the product better. I can agree that in the start Arlo Ultra was buggy but now I’m completely blown away by its performance, yes it’s a high price but it’s a premium product and completely wire free, you can’t put a price on protection protected while being completely wirefree! Cannot wait for the arlo security system to drop! Keep up the great work arlo I would highly recommend the ultras to anyone that’s looking for security!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cwmmmm,

Thanks for the feedback! This is great to hear.

We're continuing to work hard to make sure we're delivering the best experience with Arlo Ultra.

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cwmmmm,

Thanks for the feedback! This is great to hear.

We're continuing to work hard to make sure we're delivering the best experience with Arlo Ultra.

JamesC

brh
Master
Master

I appreciate these cameras more every day. They are truly awesome in spite of a few remaining bugs. I am chomping at the bit to purchase more of them.

Brian

ItsPlayTime
Apprentice
Apprentice
The best buy near me still has the 4 pack on the shelf & I've had to fight the temptation to go grab another set for about a week now. Especially, since I have a 10% off coupon that I can use toward them...
*considers driving to best buy right now but barely resists the urge*
I'm so tempted to just upgrade my 4 Arlo Pros already...
brh
Master
Master

I don't need the 4 pack, but I need three of the individual add on cameras as soon as I can get my hands on them. Resist the urge to purchase more Pro cameras. You will regret it. BTW, I am seeing, (I believe on Amazon) that the Pro2 is overstocked and are now selling for around $165. Awesome deal. 

Brian

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
A message to arlo! I have two Arlo Pro, one Arlo Pro 2, and two arlo ultras. I’ve owned arlo original when it came out and have been a fan since. The ultra really is the best they have made from colors to night vision to audio, sure there are bugs but it’s being worked out. I do not have the og arlo anymore because I liked the upgrade with the two way talk. Arlo works great with ring, i only got a ring doorbell because arlo didn’t have anything out at the time for the door. I prefer the ring doorbell over the arlo Audio doorbell by far because I have it under ifttt that I’f the doorbell is rang arlo records. I like my arlo so much that I have stopped paying my ring subscription because my arlo will record everything at the front door but having the option to talk to someone and see them front and center on the ring is nice. I’ve considered arlo audio doorbell but I don’t wanna see someone from an angle so I’m hoping arlo comes out with a doorbell cam so I can get rid of my ring doorbell. I would be happy to beta test as I truly believe arlo is the best in this grade of WiFi connected cameras.
Thank you arlo
brh
Master
Master

I have a Skybell HD on my front door and an Arlo Audio Doorbell at my back door. I like the feature of the Arlo to ring my phone when the button is pushed, but I still think there is a good market for an Arlo doorbell with a camera inside that would ring my phone. Fot those that don't want to pay for a subscription then use the original doorbell, but with those that already pay for a subscription, the doorbell with a camera would be awesome.

Brian

Unsatisfied1
Guide
Guide

Mine sucks. Have to restart and reset every single day. Geofencing works temporarily. High speed internet. Previous and current Arlo Pro and Pro 2 user. Ultra has been an ULTRA headache.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unsatisfied1,

New firmware was released this weekend that should improve the overall experience. Be sure you have the latest firmware updates for your camera and smarthub along with the most recent version of the arlo mobile app available from the app store.

Take a look here for more information on the current firmware: Release notes

JamesC

Unsatisfied1
Guide
Guide

Thanks for your prompt reply as I discovered after checking the software that my iphone app hadn't been updated until today sometime. Smart hub was updated though. Very nice to get such a fast response on a Sunday...hopefully everthing works now.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unsatisfied1,

Let us know if you're still having trouble, we'd be glad to help.

JamesC

Unsatisfied1
Guide
Guide

Now the camera will not record in the activity zone. Neighbor drove a vehicle into activity zone and no video at all from only ten feet away! Phone support encouraged my wish to return it to Best Buy with out offering another solution!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you provide a screenshot of the activity zone you're using so we can see the shape of the zone and the camera field of view?

JamesC

Unsatisfied1
Guide
Guide

After speaking on the phone with a tech support rep.... I called Best Buy and decided to return the Ultra in the morning in exchange for a "Ring" survaillance system.  You were very nice but a call to a real live tech support person discouraged me from wanting or utilizing any more future Netgear products ever again.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the poor experience. I would like to take a closer look at your support case. I will reach out to you in a private message to collect more information.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation