Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Fedup12
Follower
Follower

Is anyone else having major problems with recording suddenly Arlo has no 6th camera when you add it nothing records! Who was the eistein who decided to change the programing? Not only have we deleted re bought paid all kinds of money we had someone vandalize our house and our freaking cameras did not work! 600 bucks for a junk system! So frustrating, tech people have no clue how to fix it because Arlo tried to make money and really screwed their customers!! And to think I liked these camera’s! They only record for about 10 seconds there is a delay so if someone breaks in your toast! I have had these cameras for a couple years but this is the worst part their app does not even support their new limit on cameras because if you have more then five you have to add one then it still will not smart record!! Idiots are literally in charge here!

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Fedup12 wrote:
Is anyone else having major problems with recording suddenly Arlo has no 6th camera when you add it nothing records!

Check the new subscription regime:

Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

With an Arlo Smart Premier subscription, you can record to the Arlo cloud with up to 2K video resolution on 1 camera or 5 cameras. Your clips save to the Arlo library for up to 30 days after recording. If you have more than 5 cameras, you can add a single-camera plan for each additional camera at half the original price.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jscunningham
Apprentice
Apprentice

So if i read this correctly, my current elite plan with 20 cameras will go from $190/year to almost $1000/year? What an absolute ripoff.  MAYBE if the systems worked flawlessly you could justify it but I've been without any recordings for the last couple of weeks. I've had to completely reset all 18 cameras and 2 base stations four times in the last six weeks to even view them. I have a bricked base station that i can't get any help with. And it takes days to get a reply from tech support, which just keep asking for app versions, camera FW versions, Base FW versions, did you try to remove the camera and add it back?? No help at all!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jscunningham wrote:

So if i read this correctly, my current elite plan with 20 cameras will go from $190/year to almost $1000/year?

I don't know how you arrived at that total or which service you use, but the number looks odd.

A five-camera subscription is $119.98 a year, with $270 (15*$1.49) for another 15 cameras, making a total of $‭389.98‬.

$179.88 + $449.1‬0 (15*$2.50 )= $628.98 for the pricier Elite option.

Hardly a bargain, but not my idea of almost $1000.

If you have had a rolling annual contract, I would be mighty annoyed if they unilaterally cancelled it and put something more expensive in its place.

@jscunningham wrote:

And it takes days to get a reply from tech support, which just keep asking for app versions, camera FW versions, Base FW versions, did you try to remove the camera and add it back?? No help at all!

Sometimes quicker to use this place for help.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jscunningham
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Canadian smart elite is $19.99/month and extra cameras are $3.25 each per month so $823.98 plus tax is $947.58 per year.  I also purchased 3 Ultra smart packages in the past year and they did not honour the free 1 year subscription.  Apparently it's only for the US.

As far as replies on here from support, they're non existent.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jscunningham wrote:

The Canadian smart elite is $19.99/month and extra cameras are $3.25 each per month so $823.98 plus tax is $947.58 per year.

Normally you'd expect that getting 4 5-camera elite subscriptions would be cheaper.  But in Canada that is quite a bit more expensive than getting one elite 5-pack and then 15 individual camera licences, as you apparently figured out.  Silly pricing on Alro's part.

Either way, I agree that is crazy expensive.

Going with the "professional" business plan for all your cameras would be the cheapest way to get a subscription for all cameras.  The catch is that you'd be limited to 1080p for the cameras (and also lose smart notifications)

You could mix the elite plan with a 16 camera "advanced" business plan.  Cost there would be $238.88 for the elite + $149 for the business plan = $387.88 CAD + tax.  You'd have the same limits for the business plan, but also lose some retention for them.   https://kb.arlo.com/1202808/What-Arlo-business-subscription-plans-are-available and https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlo-for-business/default.aspx

Or switch to direct access to local storage (no plan) for cameras where you don't need smart notifications or cloud activity zones.  There are some annoying constraints with direct access at the moment, which hopefully would be dealt with over time.  But that would give you 4K recording and notifications for all your cameras, with some extra steps/challenges to review the video for the ones w/o a cloud subscription.   https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

@jscunningham wrote:

I also purchased 3 Ultra smart packages in the past year and they did not honour the free 1 year subscription.  Apparently it's only for the US.

It's not just for the US, but you have to purchase the cameras and deploy them in the same country.  So if you purchased from a US retailer you'd be out of luck.  There could be some other restrictions.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation