Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra how to check disk? VMB5000r4

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ExpatEU
Tutor
Tutor

I'm living in Spain and normally the power is very stable, but this past week since it started raining the power has gone out every day for a short time. This has screwed up the hard drives on my computer and I've had to run chkdsk x: /f to fix them. 

How do I check the internal hard drive on the Arlo SmartHub? I have not received any error messages, but I would like to verify the status.

I've searched the manual and FAQ and no mention of "disk".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no disk in the base/hub. If you've enabled local storage using a microSD card there could be an issue if a recording is being made when power drops but that may be unlikely. A good solution would be to use a moderately sized UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to power your router, modem and hub so power is never lost, at least until the battery dies due to an extended power outage. I happen to use a 750VA UPS but it all depends on how long the power outages are to decide what size to get. I'd use one on the computer, too, if this is an ongoing problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no disk in the base/hub. If you've enabled local storage using a microSD card there could be an issue if a recording is being made when power drops but that may be unlikely. A good solution would be to use a moderately sized UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to power your router, modem and hub so power is never lost, at least until the battery dies due to an extended power outage. I happen to use a 750VA UPS but it all depends on how long the power outages are to decide what size to get. I'd use one on the computer, too, if this is an ongoing problem.

ExpatEU
Tutor
Tutor

Ah okay, that's much better (having a microSD rather than a hard drive). I've already bought and put in place two UPSs, for my computer, Playstation, Arlo, and NAS (with 4 hard drives). 

Thanks for the reply. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation