Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
jal129
Guide
Guide
Hey all,
Just like many others on this site my Arlo Ultras will not livestream and record 0 second videos. I contacted support and their solution was basically, "sucks to be you, buy a new one."

I did something that has temporarily (maybe permanently) fixed my issue and I want you all to try it to and see if it works.

Log in to your router and disable the Arlo base station/smart hub from all wifi networks and only allow it to connect through a wired ethernet connection. After I did that I've had no issues. Sorry for not having more specific directions, but everyone's router is different. Usually there is an option for "Device manager" or "Attached devices". Hope it works!!
17 REPLIES 17
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

At one point I unplugged from my router and straight to the providers modem that doesn't have active wi-fi and it was much more stable.  The one thing was that then I couldn't access the SD card because both the hub and phone must both be on the same wi-fi.  So I'm curious if you can still access the SD with what you did.

jal129
Guide
Guide
I can still access my SD card. But, as of today the solution no longer works for me. I was really optimistic about it too. I guess Arlo just really makes crappy products. I would recommend that anyone reading this avoid buying their products. I'm so disappointed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jal129

When did this issue first occur for you? Your base station should only be connected by ethernet cable to your modem/router. You can find more info here: How do I connect my Arlo SmartHub or base station to the Internet?

demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

I make the same recommendations to everyone I can, DO NOT BUY ARLO!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @demannu

Is there something I can help you with?

jal129
Guide
Guide
I think everyone is sick of the bull**bleep**. Unplug this, resync that. It's a problem on your end. Until you fix your crappy products, nothing will work. It's a firmware issue or a server issue. Get your "engineers" involved and stop giving people the run-around.
demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS 

Unless you can tell me how to fix the massive audio and visual delays that the arlo ultras are well known for then I doubt it. 

They're a complete waste of money as a security solution and until Arlo can figure out a near real time solution for them then I'll continue to warn people away from buying them. 

Makes me wonder if anyone that works for Arlo, actually use the products they're supposedly meant to support as they'd very quickly realise their customers pain. 

ttrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone found a solution to this?  Yesterday my Arlo Ultra stopped being able to livestream or record more than 1 second of motion video after working fine for over a year.  It just says, "connecting". I have 3 other cameras working fine.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ttrain

You can start with rebooting the camera by removing and re-inserting the battery, or remove it from Settings > My Devices > re-add it.

ttrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

like everyone else, I have had unplugged, rebooted, removed battery, logged in/out zillion times, unlinked/relinked every camera, reset base station, deleted all my apps and data, reinstalled everything......

jal129
Guide
Guide
Let me save you the time. Nothing they ask us to do is going to work. Next one of them will say, "Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support." It's the same crap over and over with no real solution. I don't understand how this is such a common problem and it hasn't been escalated to someone besides ShayneS and JamesC. We need ACTUAL solutions please!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ttrain

Since this is affecting only 1 camera & you tried all TS steps I can provide you, your best option would be to contact support to further investigate what may be occurring with this camera.  Arlo Tech Support

ttrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

This was literally their response "I would suggest that you purchase a new one, you may check our online webstore at shop.arlo.com or you may also check out other retail stores."  My Ultra is 14 months old.

jal129
Guide
Guide
@ShayneS Surprise, surprise exactly what I knew you would say.
jal129
Guide
Guide
So apparently Arlo has decided to delete my comments to make themselves look better. All I said was that support told me to buy a new camera as well after all suggestions were exhausted. Is that against the rules to show people how you handle their issues? They eventually decided that I could pay out of my own pocket to send them the camera within 10 days and if they found it to be their fault they would send a replacement within a few weeks. However, this option was filled with so much stipulation and requirements that it wouldnt be worthwhile. Especially since there are multiple threads of people getting replacement cameras that have the same problem. Can whoever works for Arlo forward these threads to the engineering team to actually look at the issue? Looking forward to this comment being deleted...
dcfox1
Master
Master

I can see all your comments you posted in the past. Nothing was changed in the last several days. Don't know what you see that the mods deleted. 

jal129
Guide
Guide
@dcfox1 I replied to the person above who said they told him to just buy a new camera. That comment is no longer there. I resubmitted the same opinion above.
Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation