Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra cameras not recording and sending notifications

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Jonathan309
Follower
Follower
I’ve have 4 Arlo ultra cameras installed for 2 months and everything worked great. All of a sudden they won’t record and send notifications. You can live view them and manually record. I manually tested the motion detection and it is working. Has anyone else had this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode is selected in the Mode tab?

Whops
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried to reply to JamesC post in "Arlo ultra motion detection"  But looks like maybe they have closed that thread at least I did not have a reply icon to reply to that post.    Here are my observations since that update.

Appeared like all was fixed,   was able to set activity zone,  and only gave alerts and recorded video that was in the activity zone.   That is until today Christmas Day!   Christmas Eve,  came home from a party at my Son's house.  And the camera worked fine,  alerted me as I pulled in the driveway,  recorded video of us pulling in,  and walking up to the front door,  where Ring Door Bell picked us up.    About 3:30 am a motion controlled security light came on in my back yard.   I got up,  took a look out did not see anything,  checked cameras nothing recorded.   Went back to bed.  (Probably a Racoon) This morning Christmas Day.   I got up went out back to feed the cat,  (Camera did not alert me or record video, usually does)   Then when I went out to the front of my house to get the newspaper and feed the squirrels, (Camera did not alert me or record video,  usually does)   Last alert and recording was 1:38 am when we came home.

I have twice recycled the smart base (pulled the power cord out,  waited 15 sec.  then powered back up) Still the cameras do not send any alerts or recordings.   Live view works great,  Signals are great to cameras,  video bandwidth is strong.   But nothing happens,  no motion detection?  or is Arlo servers having issues?   So hear we go again just when I was thinking that finally the Arlo was stepping up the Arlo Ultra was working as promised.  Then Christmas Day  System is Dead.  

So I am posting hear once again  to see if it is only me,  or did they do something again to take down the system.   Please let me know.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Whops wrote:

I tried to reply to JamesC post in "Arlo ultra motion detection"  But looks like maybe they have closed that thread at least I did not have a reply icon to reply to that post.    Here are my observations since that update.

Please don't make multiple posts (five is four too many).

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi @Jonathan309, don’t feel alone in this. I’ve had the exact same issue since December 26 as well. Where both my Ultra camera sporadically decide not to send smart notifications when there is motion occurring within my defined activity zones and no recordings in my library either. They worked fine up until December 26.

It was working fine since the latest firmware update until Dec 26. There is a good 4-5 posts in this Ultra forum in the last few days stating the same as you.

I personally don’t believe enabling badges in notification settings, or what recording mode users have selected is fair to ask to change to temporary fix the problems.

I also believe if those suggestions are going to be made to us, they should be prefaced with asking the user to temporarily deviate from the way in which they perform to use the system and let them know it’s temporary and a workaround.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I replied in another post on this.  I quit downloading updates on my Android till they've been out a bit but with it being the holidays I didn't pay attention as I should  Mine were working pretty good except for one issue ArloAlex worked with me on, then today I downloaded the update from 12/24 and bam it started within 10 minutes.  That should make it clear it's the app update except my wife's iphone quit getting video and notifications also at the same time and hers has never missed one in 11 months.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation