Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App for iphone 11 pro max

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
What the F is going on with the Arlo
App!!! Its so damn slow after the latest update!!! Cant re-connect after you go on another app and want to come back, at times you cant connect to the cameras, load up times are so terrible, communication to the cameras take forever, adding cameras is a disaster, also the app goes crazy at times and splits the camera displays in half?? Arlo you guys gotta step this up! Paid way too much $$$ for stuff like this to happen!!!! Fix this ASAP
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are badge and sound alerts turned off?  Some users have reported that turning both on restores the normal app performance.

Janice805
Star
Star

Well I'll be danged.  I've been having awful problems and cursing ARLO out every day for the past 3 days.  Takes 1 minutes or so to login.  When scrolling up and down for camera views, it freezes and is sooooo slow.  When trying to view the videos, again soooo sloooow and freezes that I had to give up.  This is on my iPhone 6.  When I read the above suggestion, I remembered I changed my settings the other day and dropped BADGES (because I didn't know what that was and figured I didn't need it).  So, I went back into my iPhone settings and added it back, and BINGO.  Everything's working as before.  What the heck ???????

Mies
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ik had het zelfde probleem ik werd er gek van. Het antwoord zit inderdaad bij badges aanzetten waarom en hoe weet ik ook niet maar bij mijn werkte het direct. 

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi StephenB, wouldn’t your suggestion be a good work around idea but not an acceptable solution?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@n1976jmk wrote:
Hi StephenB, wouldn’t your suggestion be a good work around idea but not an acceptable solution?

It is just a work-around (and not one I came up with).

Whether it is acceptable as a long-term solution of course will depend on the user. 

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good evening @StephenB 

As kindly and respectful as possible I think that is part of the issue with all the Arlo owners constant frustrations is the missing transparency.  If recommendations include temporary fixes then it should be made clear to the owners that recommendations being made to them to fix issues are temporary only.  

The Arlo user should be able to set the app notifications to their liking and not have to experience issues with the app not functioning properly just because they decided to disable the app notification sounds or badges. The way the originator of this post could read your initial reply as if they had the app notifications set incorrectly by disabling badges and sounds when in fact any app should function normally no matter what notification setting a user selects.  Especially if the user is not that 'techy' they go by what a moderator posts as gospel since they know the most.

Thanks for your ear Stephen, and apologies about my post if it comes off negative but I am just trying to let you know how I feel.

Respectfully,

Jonathan

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@n1976jmk wrote:

... specially if the user is not that 'techy' they go by what a moderator posts as gospel since they know the most.

Thanks for your ear Stephen, and apologies about my post if it comes off negative but I am just trying to let you know how I feel.

Respectfully,

Jonathan

With all due respect, I am not a moderator.  Also, I don't work for Arlo or represent them in any way - like you, I am just an Arlo user.  I am not responsible for Arlo's transparency (or lack thereof) or the quality of their products and services.

All users (no matter what our forum rank is) are free to word our suggestions and comments as we like (as long as we stay within Arlo forum guidelines). 

That said, in this particular case I simply asked:  "Are badge and sound alerts turned off?  Some users have reported that turning both on restores the normal app performance."  I don't see how anyone would have interpreted that as my saying that they'd set up the app incorrectly.

@n1976jmk wrote:

The Arlo user should be able to set the app notifications to their liking and not have to experience issues with the app not functioning properly

Of course I do agree with this (and FWIW I think there are several things Arlo could to do improve the overall user experience).

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation