Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Brand new camera not connecting after setup worked

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JimBarrie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Set everything up today and it worked and tested fine. ( second arlo I have. The other is a arlo pro).
Went to check on the battery level on one of the cameras and it comes up with device failed to connect. Please try again. I have removed the battery and re synced but it only became worse with me having to manually sync the camera via the button. Still the problem exists. Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JimBarrie wrote:
Set everything up today and it worked and tested fine. ( second arlo I have. The other is a arlo pro).
Went to check on the battery level on one of the cameras and it comes up with device failed to connect. Please try again. I have removed the battery and re synced but it only became worse with me having to manually sync the camera via the button. Still the problem exists. Any help would be appreciated.

How far is the camera from the base?

What base station do you have?

JimBarrie
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera is now next to the base station which is also right next to the modem. I have also tried it at 4m and 2m with no success. The base station is a vmb5000au. Thanks in advance.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JimBarrie wrote:
The camera is now next to the base station which is also right next to the modem. I have also tried it at 4m and 2m with no success. The base station is a vmb5000au. Thanks in advance.

You might try moving the base a bit further from the modem (as far as the cable will reach).  That would reduce the chance of the problem being wifi interference.  The Ultra will almost certainly be connecting using 5 ghz wifi (and the older camera would be using 2.4 ghz).

If shifting the base a bit doesn't help, then I suggest exchanging the system with the seller.  Alternatively contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation