Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Goodoltom
Guide
Guide
Ive had the Ultra System since launch and have had an unreasonable amount of issues. To add insult to injury, the battery life is expected to be less, but after it reaches 56% it stops charging.
26 REPLIES 26
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Obviously some have had issues or these comments wouldn't be here.  Not sure how I would define widespread and would certainly try another charger before returning the whole thing.  I have 6 cameras, the original 4 plus two more added since and so have 3 original chargers.  All 6 batteries and 3 chargers have been trouble free even using an extension cord, 50 ft and a 100 ft.  They fully charge with no issues.  One comment that is worth taking in is the higher speed charger, it can cut charging time in half.  I purchased a third party 25 ft. outdoor cable because I haven't been able to get one from Arlo and it has a higher speed and it is nice.  Most everyone has one for their cell phone, give it a try and then you'll know.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've also had much trouble with Arlo Ultra charging. However, I currently don't plan to return any my Ultra systems. Arlo has told me I should only use their Ultra chargers, but I'm still willing to consider 3rd party chargers, but haven't so far. I also have multiple Ultra systems, all three of them have occasional charging issues. The issues include that I can't plug any of my chargers into extension cords. Also, if I don't place the charger "upright" in my outlets, I also run into issues. My issues include: never reaching a full charge, charging very slowly and also, although showing a charge indication, the battery will actually discharge while indicating that it's charging, until the battery goes to zero and the camera shuts down due to no charge. Removing the battery and reinserting will sometimes correct the issue. There is nothing wrong with the wiring in my house either. I now also have several Arlo Ultra solar panels and I've seen some of the same things occur on all my Ultta cameras but only sometimes. An occasional removsl and reinserting of batteries will often resolve things temporarily. Arlo has already provided me one replacement charger and one battery. The replacements seem to work but in the last 3 weeks I've noticed an increase of similar issues like the one that caused me to engage Arlo for a replacement charger and battery. I would describe my charging issues as a great inconvenience but with daily check-ups on my systems, I'm able to stay on top of things and keep things running. It certainly is not a hands off system which is a great disappointment. Good Luck to everyone. I'll be watching for more solid resolutions.
Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation