Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Guide

Arlo Ultra batteries not charging past a certain point

Ive had the Ultra System since launch and have had an unreasonable amount of issues. To add insult to injury, the battery life is expected to be less, but after it reaches 56% it stops charging.
Message 1 of 8
Guru

Re: Arlo Ultra batteries not charging past a certain point

WHat have you tried to get the battery to charge? Have you contacted support?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Message 2 of 8
Community Manager

Goodoltom,

Does the interface still indicate that the battery is being charged? Have you tried removing and reconnecting the charger?

JamesC

Message 3 of 8
Guide

Sorry, my previous post was vague.

Currently the only option to charge the batteries is the camera and the supplied power cable; both the solar and dual ultra charger are on pre-order.

Yes, seems that its a tempature thing. Yesterday I left the camera charged for hours and not only did it stop at 56%, it remained there. I attempted to remove the battery and even tried to use another camera.

However, this evening I plugged the camera back in and weve passed 56%, currently at 63%. Although it seems to be temporarily solved, additional investigation is needed by Arlo..
Message 4 of 8
Guru

Temps are certainly an issue although only below ~32F. WHat temps were you seeing?

Message 5 of 8
Guide

All inside temps, attempting charge all in house.

Now, only 1 camera will charge out of the 4.
Message 6 of 8
Guru

Make sure the contacts are clean. I'd try a different charger to see what happens (only 5v is needed for the indoors chargers). Just to be clear, you've tried different cameras and swapping batteries around, right?

Message 7 of 8
Guide

Based off what I recently read, Arlo rushed the Ultra system knowing that they faces battery issues. Fear of a compressing market and increased competition.

That said, while I appreciate the support from the community, Im forced to return my Ultra system. To be honest, any response from Arlo couldve prevented this. I understand they may not want to solicit false hope as to a solve day, but ownership of the issues wouldve saved me my sanity.

Message 8 of 8