Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I am considering getting an Carlo doorbell but I am confused about the subscription cost. I already have 1 ultra carom on an elite plan and the CVR plan so I currently pay $15 a month. If I add a doorbell am I going to have to pay for a multiple camera plan, up to 5 cameras? That would double my monthly cost. Can I keep my current plan and add the doorbell and subscribe to the $2.99 or $4.99 plan for the doorbell?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Answered in another thread. The new doorbell just gets added to the existing Elite plan.

Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. On the elite plan I currently pay $4.99 for 1 camera but if I add a doorbell am I going to have to pay the $14.99 for the elite "up to 5 cameras plan?"

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Mpscott00 wrote:

Thank you for your response. On the elite plan I currently pay $4.99 for 1 camera but if I add a doorbell am I going to have to pay the $14.99 for the elite "up to 5 cameras plan?"

You can just get a 2nd single cam subscription that would cost around $10 for both cams when the doorbell 3 month trial expires.  The 5 cam plan would be $15 for Elite. If you add a third cam or more in the future the 5 cam plan would be more cost effective.  Of course the CVR would be an additional expense. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote: You can just get a 2nd single cam subscription that would cost around $10 for both cams when the doorbell 3 month trial expires.   

You are assuming Elite.  The doorbell only needs Premier, so a second subscription for it would be only $2.99 in the US.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the other similar thread, I just responded that I misread the OP. I responded on the assumption it was the Elite 5 camera plan, not a single camera plan. As noted above, you just need the Premier single camera plan for the doorbell unless you need/want the 30 cloud storage.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@StephenB wrote:

@dcfox1 wrote: You can just get a 2nd single cam subscription that would cost around $10 for both cams when the doorbell 3 month trial expires.   

You are assuming Elite.  The doorbell only needs Premier, so a second subscription for it would be only $2.99 in the US.

Yea, I was just using Elite as an example since he was talking about getting a 5 cam elite plan. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation