Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video

Re: Arlo Ultra and Ignored Activity Zones

Thank you for replying. Yes, I'm subscribed to Arlo Smart (free first year), and it's activated for each of my cameras. I also added 4k upgrade to all 4 (irrelevant info).
I moved the zone farther away from the swaying Palm trees triggering one of the cameras & that seems to have helped.
The traffic triggering the other camera is a lost cause. I will be buying an outdoor power cable for that one ASAP.
Message 26 of 34
Aspirant

Activity Zones not working

I am having trouble making activity zones work.  My library is full of video with automobiles on the street that should be excluded.  I am including a screen shot of my activity zone to help with troubleshooting.  What am I doing wrong?

HW H6, Firmware 1.060.20.13_30758

Model: VMS5340 | Arlo Ultra 3 Camera Kit
Message 27 of 34
Aspirant

I am having the same exact issues with the Arlo Ultra.  Activity zones do not work at all, and all motion is sent and recorded regardless of your settings.

Message 28 of 34
Aspirant

Re: Activity Zones not working

It appears there is another post that has already been created, sorry for the extra thread.  Appears that the activity zones and and motion settings for the Ultra aren't working properly, maybe a software fix is in the works.

Message 29 of 34
Guru

Working fine here. Have you checked/reset the Smart notification selections?

Message 30 of 34
Aspirant

OK, From what I am gathering by reading these similar posts is as follows:

I can set up activity zones on my cameras and not have AC connected and subscribed to Smart. The server will decide whether or not the motion, be it animal, person, vehicle or just plain motion (whatever I have selected in smart setup) should be reported.

If that is the case, I can say it is not working. Look at the following pictures.

Arlo 1 is the activity zone setup

Arlo 2 is a car clearly outside of the activity zone

Arlo 3 is a bus clearly outside of the activity zone

This gets reported regardless of whether or not I have vehicle selected in the smart setup.

Message 31 of 34
Aspirant

Pic 2

Message 32 of 34
Aspirant

pic 3

Message 33 of 34
Aspirant

I take it that they're working on the problem, I can't select Settings>Device Settings or Account or even System from the website right now.  I can still access it all from the ios app.  Lots of bugs right now.

Message 34 of 34